Showcased at IBC 2018, in Amsterdam, the new LumaFusion with Storyblocks integration is finally available, offering editors direct access to a custom Storyblocks media library.
The team behind LumaFusion showed the new version of the app, version 1.7, during IBC 2018, in Amsterdam, but now the video editor for iOS is available for users to download. One of the key elements of the new version is the integration with Storyblocks, which is optional but may well interest content creators. As Luma Touch points out, “as a result of this integration, LumaFusion editors now have direct access to a custom Storyblocks media library filled with hundreds-of-thousands of studio-quality, royalty-free creative assets, including 4K and HD video clips, backgrounds, music, loops and sound effects.”
There are additional benefits of the new Storyblocks integration, and they include:
- Curated tags, sorting, special filters, and search make it easy to quickly find the perfect clip for your project;
- Filter by model-release, property-release and editorial content to make clips that can be used in any production;
- Dozens of clips in each category are included free, and the entire library can be browsed and previewed;
- Low-cost subscription for access to the entire library (subscription can be cancelled at any time).
Storyblocks for LumaFusion is available at an annual subscription rate of $69.99 or at a monthly rate of $9.99 USD. This subscription provides access to custom content through LumaFusion and is not connected with other Storyblocks subscriptions. Customers can still import media downloaded from the main Storyblocks site to LumaFusion.
Partnering with Storyblocks is the most recent manifestation of Luma Touch’s vision of bringing a sophisticated, quality and professional caliber content creation experience to mobile filmmaking. The industry-popular iOS editing app LumaFusion is produced by the original creators of the award-winning Pinnacle Studio App, video effects and editing industry veterans that set a goal with LumaFusion: to create the most powerful tool ever for mobile video editing.
LumaFusion, a multi-track video editor
Tapping into decades of experience as editors and remembering all that was painful about traditional editing workflows, Luma Touch has developed an app featuring the most professional video editing features available on iOS, and highly focused on creating the best possible user experience on an iOS device. This powerful multi-track video editor is used by mobile journalists, filmmakers and professional video producers to tell compelling video stories.
Luma Touch says that “If you are a professional or aspiring producer, journalist, or filmmaker, if you have a video story that’s begging to be told, if you want to use the latest technology for iOS; LumaFusion is the premier professional video editing and effects app for you.” And if you’re new to video editing and not a “Pro”, the video tutorials available and, adds Luma Touch, “world-class free support, and an incredible community of video enthusiasts and professionals on our forums will help you get there.”
New features in LumaFusion 1.7
In addition to Storyblocks integration, the newest version of LumaFusion (v1.7) includes a number of new features. Here are the highlights:
- Sort and Search feature in the Library makes it easy to organize and find your media quickly;
- The ability to select-all, as well as improved multi-select (swipe-to-select multiple clips) in the Library;
- Sort and Search in the Import popup menu;
- Edge softness and corner radius controls for cropping in the Frame & Fit editor;
- ‘Nudge’ buttons for sliders and rotation controls make it easier to secure exact values;
- The addition of 3 New effects: Thermal, X-Ray and Color Edges (in the Styles category of the Color and Effects editor);
- 20 new professional title templates;
- Full Exif, TIFF, IPTC and PNG metadata for Photos in the Info panel;
- Zip file support (LumaFusion will import any supported files included in the .zip file including: media, fonts and presets);
- New Cleanup functions in the Help/Settings menu to help you manage storage.
LumaFusion version 1.7, featuring Storyblocks for LumaFusion, is available immediately. Read above all about the subscription models available for Storyblocks. The LumaFusion iOS app is $19.99 on the App Store. No subscription needed to use all its features.
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!