At NAB 2017, AJA showed off their high pursuit for helping companies deliver High Dynamic Range (HDR) so their viewers can watch footage that better resembles how the human eye sees. AJA has designed their FS-HDR to get us all there faster with a low profile, stand alone and real-time device uniquely designed to bridge SDR to HDR, HDR to SDR and HDR to HDR, all in real time.
- HDR to HDR
- HDR to SDR
- SDR to HDR
- BT.709 to BT.2020
- BT.2020 to BT.709
Up and Down Conversions:
- Converting HD SDR BT.709 sources to UHD HDR BT.2020
- Converting UHD HDR BT.2020 sources to HD SDR BT.709
FS-HDR Key Features
- HDR to HDR, SDR to HDR and HDR to SDR conversions for Dynamic Range and Wide Color Gamut needs.
- Support for two modes:
- Single-channel mode for 4K/UltraHD or 2K/HD frame sync and conversion including HDR conversions.
- Four-channel mode for simultaneous independent 2K/HD/SD channels for standard conversion and frame sync workflows
- A 1RU frame offering space, power and cost efficiencies ideal for broadcast trucks, post production or broadcast settings
- Audio I/O processing with a 272×208 matrix of audio possibilities; support for a flexible range of audio feeds from discrete AES to MADI and embedded SDI audio, with each audio input offering sample-rate conversion
- Simple operation, a redesigned menu structure and quick access to features via front panel buttons, as well as a web-based UI offering control over a LAN or across the web
- 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD/SD video processing and up, down, cross-conversion
- A full range of I/O options for 4K/UltraHD including Quad 1.5G; Dual 3G; and Quad 3G, 6G and 12G over a range of SDI and optional fiber choices
- SMPTE 2SI I/O support for broad compatibility with 4K/UltraHD devices
- Four-channel 2K/HD/SD video processing and conversion
- 2K/HD/SD up, down, cross-conversion
- SD/SD aspect ratio conversion
- HD/HD cross-conversion (720p/1080i)