I am so happy with PeterGregg’s new video which proves that the Panasonic GH5s model’s autofocus literally blows away that of the original GH5 model. I am also ecstatic that (in my experience watching his videos), it’s the first time PeterGregg has made official verbal recognition of the existence of non-integer framerates (i.e. 23.976, 29.97, 59.94… one of my perpetual causes, well known to frequent readers), and even has made a reference to The Beatles while demonstrating the quantum leap improvement in autofocus performance. Verbal references are made between comparative features in the original GH5 and Sony’s new A7 III. Enjoy it!
Above is PeterGregg’s most recent video from his YouTube channel where (as of publication date of this article) has over 24,000 subscribers. He does a great demonstration, and compares with the original GH5 and the Sony A7 III. (I covered all three and others in my recent Blackmagic “Pocket” Cinema Camera 4K vs competition: Canon, JVC, Panasonic and Sony .
- PeterGregg’s Átomos recorder is incapable of recording 4K UHD or 4K DCI, many other Átomos recorders are indeed capable.
- PeterGregg intentionally writes his first name together with is surname, without any space. This is likely for SEO and general searchability, which is something I have done for BeyondPodcasting, CapicúaFM and other projects I run.
- PeterGregg and I are both based somewhere in the Miami, Florida, US area, although as of publication time of this article and to my recollection, we have not yet met personally or even conversed so far.
Related articles to this topic
Here are some of my related articles:
- Blackmagic “Pocket” Cinema Camera 4K vs competition: Canon, JVC, Panasonic and Sony (April 21, 2018)
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera earns 4K, balanced XLR audio and more (April 09, 2018)
- Traditional camcorders in the era of mirrorless/HDSLR cams (March 02, 2018)
- Free GH5 camera autofocus improvement (February 20, 2018)
- When exact 24 fps beats 23.976… and when it doesn’t (illustrated above, October 25, 2017)
- Why I pardon rounding of shutter speeds in camera menus, but not framerates! (illustrated above, July 19, 2012)
Upcoming articles, reviews, radio shows, books and seminars/webinars
Stand by for upcoming articles, reviews, and books. Sign up to my free mailing list by clicking here. Most of my current books are at books.AllanTepper.com, and my personal website is AllanTepper.com.
Si deseas suscribirte a mi lista en castellano, visita aquí. Si prefieres, puedes suscribirte a ambas listas (castellano e inglés).
Suscribe to his BeyondPodcasting show at BeyondPodasting.com.
Subscribe to his Tu radio global show at Turadioglobal.com.
Subscribe to his Tu salud secreta show at TuSaludSecreta.com.
Subscribe to his CapicúaFM show at CapicúaFM.com.
Save US$20 on Project Fi, Google’s mobile telephony and data
No manufacturer is specifically paying Allan Tépper or TecnoTur LLC to write this article or the mentioned books. Some of the other manufacturers listed above have contracted Tépper and/or TecnoTur LLC to carry out consulting and/or translations/localizations/transcreations. Many of the manufacturers listed above have sent Allan Tépper review units. So far, none of the manufacturers listed above is/are sponsors of the TecnoTur , BeyondPodcasting or TuNuevaRadioGlobal programs, although they are welcome to do so, and some are, may be (or may have been) sponsors of ProVideo Coalition magazine. Some links to third parties listed in this article and/or on this web page may indirectly benefit TecnoTur LLC via affiliate programs. Allan Tépper’s opinions are his own.
Copyright and use of this article
The articles contained in the TecnoTur channel in ProVideo Coalition magazine are copyright Allan Tépper/TecnoTur LLC, except where otherwise attributed. Unauthorized use is prohibited without prior approval, except for short quotes which link back to this page, which are encouraged!