Earlier in March, Blackmagic Design announced the brand new Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2. The new camera from Blackmagic boasts the ability to shoot 300 fps in HD and 120 fps in 4.6K. This is a significant increase from the original Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro and it’s 60 fps at 4.6K capabilities. Filmmaker Garth De Bruno Austin shows off the camera’s High Frame Rate by posting the footage to his youtube page. When you check it out you can see the image from this Blackmagic camera looks similar to the older URSA Mini Pro, and why not? That camera has a great look too. When Blackmagic announced the new camera they stated the URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 was going to go into production within a couple of weeks. My fingers are crossed hoping Blackmagic has found a way to speed up production on the new camera and, we the customers, do not have to wait too long for orders to be fulfilled. Check out the footage below.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2
You know the fact the name of the new camera has the resolution in the name makes me think. And, maybe even speculate about NAB 2019 and camera announcements. Are we going to see a Blackmagic Design URSA Mini Pro ___. Fill in whatever resolution you want, right? Are we going to see a large format URSA Mini with a higher resolution? Maybe a URSA Mini Pro 6K FF? One can hope. At least, I can hope.
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 Key Features
- Digital film camera with 15 stops of dynamic range.
- Super 35mm 4.6K sensor with Blackmagic Design Generation 4 Color Science.
- Supports project frame rates up to 60 fps and off-speed slow motion recording up to 120 fps in 4.6K, 150 fps in 4K DCI and 300 fps in HD Blackmagic RAW.
- Interchangeable lens mount with EF mount included as standard. Optional PL, B4 and F lens mounts available separately.
- High quality 2, 4 and 6 stop neutral density (ND) filters with IR compensation designed to specifically match the colorimetry and color science of Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2.
- Fully redundant controls including external controls which allow direct access to the most important camera settings such as external power switch, ND filter wheel, ISO, shutter, white balance, record button, audio gain controls, lens and transport control, high frame rate button and more.
- Built in dual C-Fast 2.0 recorders and dual SD/UHS-II card recorders allow unlimited duration recording in high quality.
- High speed USB-C expansion port for recording directly to an external SSD or flash disk.
- Lightweight and durable magnesium alloy body.
- LCD status display for quickly checking timecode, shutter and lens settings, battery, recording status, and audio levels.
- Support for Blackmagic RAW files in Constant Bitrate 3:1, 5:1, 8:1 and 12:1 or Constant Quality Q0 and Q5 as well as ProRes 4444 XQ, ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes 422 LT, ProRes 422 Proxy recording at 4.6K, 4K, Ultra HD and HD resolutions.
- Supports recording of up to 300 frames per second in HD, 150 frames per second in 4K DCI, and 120 frames per second at full frame 4.6K.
- Features all standard connections, including dual XLR mic/line audio inputs with phantom power, 12G-SDI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay and separate XLR 4 pin power output for viewfinder power, headphone jack, LANC remote control and standard 4 pin 12V DC power connection.
- Built in high quality stereo microphones for recording sound.
- 4 inch foldout touchscreen for on-set monitoring and menu settings.
- Includes full copy of DaVinci Resolve software color grading and editing software.
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!Shop Now