MXF4mac by Hamburg Pro Audio in cooperation with Spherico developed a software application to enhance Panasonic P2 workflows in Mac OS X. P2 Flow is the first P2 metadata editor with direct integration to Apple’s popular editing application Final Cut Pro.
In conjunction with MXF Import QT the original MXF media can be sent to Final Cut Pro and edited straight away without the need to re-wrapping or convert the MXF media. In addition P2 Flow is the only external application that can send offline clips to Final Cut Pro to batch ingest them with Log and Transfer. It’s up to the user’s free choice to work with MXF, MOV or to even mix both in projects and timelines. In all scenarios the metadata gets mapped over to Final Cut Pro and is also available for other P2 compatible systems when saved back to the original P2 XML.
P2 Flow also provides a “VirtualTape” feature that allows to export a selection of P2 clips to a single QuickTime reference movie. This small QuickTime movie can then be imported in QuickTime compatible applications without the need to duplicate the MXF media files.
A unique camera data base in P2 Flow allows automated metadata tagging for multicam projects in Final Cut Pro.
P2 Flow in combination with MXF Import QT supports native AVC-Intra with Final Cut Studio 3 (Intel only). PPC systems can preview AVC-Intra when recorded MP4 proxies are available.
• Full metadata editing
• Synchronized metadata editing for spanned clips
• Backward synchronizing of metadata for spanned clips – in case of incomplete spanned clips had been edited
• Automatic Spotlight search for incomplete spanned clips
• Find function for metadata entries and batch metadata editing
• MXF video and audio preview (DV, DVCPRO25/50)
• AVC-Intra preview support on PPC when using recorded MP4 proxies
• Set in and out points for Final Cut Pro (DV, DVCPRO25/50)
• Send native MXF based online clips to Final Cut Pro (DV, DVCPRO25/50)
• Send offline clips to Final Cut Pro to batch ingest with Log and Transfer
• Full metadata mapping to Final Cut Pro
• Metadata mapping to QuickTime through Log and Transfer
• Memo List editing (DV, DVCPRO25/50, AVC-Intra proxies)
• Memo List mapping to Final Cut Pro markers
• Google Maps support for P2 location metadata (search only)
• Automatic angle mapping (for multicam setups) for Final Cut Pro based upon camera serial numbers
• VirtualTape function creates one single QuickTime movie from a selection of clips
• Visual feedback in the user interface for modified and unsaved P2 metadata
• Automatic update of Access Update metadata on changes
• Integrated user interface to work without cluttered windows
• Support for smallest MacBook display (1280 x 800) to work in the field
Features in combination with MXF Import QT:
• MXF video and audio preview (all formats)
• Set in and out points for Final Cut Pro (all formats)
• Send native MXF based online clips to Final Cut Pro (all formats)
• Memo List editing (all formats)
• Custom choice of native MXF based audio tracks for use with Double Sound recording
P2 Flow is now shipping and available for EUR €499 as a bundle with MXF Import QT which is a 40% discount compared to the separate purchase of both products. P2 Flow can also be purchased separately for EUR €299 to use it in combination with an existing license of MXF Import QT or standalone with a limited set of features.