Montreal, Canada, July 3, 2008 – Matrox®Video Products Group today announced that Matrox RT.X2 release 3.6 is now available. Highlights include support for Microsoft Windows Vista Business or Ultimate (32-bit) and realtime playback of Sony XDCAM EX .mp4 clips.
“This latest software release lets users take full advantage of Sony’s popular new XDCAM EX camcorders,” said Pierre-Martin Dion, Matrox product manager. “The Matrox RT.X2 platforms provide a huge productivity boost with realtime native editing of all HQ- and SP-mode resolutions and frame rates. Users can even mix their XDCAM EX footage in real time with HDV, P2 MXF, and SD material on Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 timelines.”
Additional features of Matrox RT.X2 v3.6 include realtime capture of SD material directly to .m2v files via analog and 1394 input for immediate DVD authoring with Adobe Encore, as well as new realtime garbage matte effects with adjustable edge softness and opacity controls.
Key features of Matrox RT.X2
The Matrox RT.X2 platforms extend the capabilities of the Adobe CS3 software with many important benefits.
• Realtime, mixed-format, multi-layer workflows that combine HD and SD material from analog and digital sources
• Realtime Matrox Flex CPU effects – color correction, speed changes, chroma/luma keying and many more
• Realtime and accelerated Matrox Flex GPU effects – 2D/3D DVE, blur/glow/soft focus, shine and many more
• Extensive camera support including many new models from Canon, JVC, Panasonic, and Sony
• Native HDV 1080i, HDV 1080p, HDV 720p (JVC ProHD), Panasonic P2 MXF 720p, Sony XDCAM EX, and MPEG-2 4:2:2 I-frame HD editing
• Native DV, DVCAM, DVCPRO, Panasonic P2 MXF SD, and MPEG-2 4:2:2 I-frame SD editing
• Realtime playback of 32-bit MPEG-2 I-frame AVI files with alpha in HD and SD
• Realtime mixed-format multi-cam
• Realtime high-quality downscaling for analog SD output from an HD timeline
• Accelerated export to Blu-ray, DVD, multimedia formats including Flash Video, and Adobe Clip Notes
• WYSIWYG for Adobe After Effects, Bridge, and Photoshop, Autodesk Combustion and 3ds Max, eyeon Fusion, NewTek LightWave 3D, and Windows Media Player with dynamic Alt+Tab switching
• Composite, Y/C, HD/SD analog component input and output
Price and availability
Matrox Mx.tools 3.6 requires Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 version 3.2.0 and is available as a free download1 from the Matrox website to all registered users.
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!Shop Now