B & H has a new sale price for the Blackmagic URSA EF and PL.
*** UPDATE ***
The sale price of $1000 off for the Blackmagic URSA was not a Blackmagic Design sale. Nope, it is a short-live B & H Photo special. When will the B & H photo special end? I have no idea, but if you’re thinking about picking up the URSA I’d say do so before B & H decide to end the sale.
Now, the URSA EF is now $3,995.00 and the URSA PL is now $4,495.00. This is not the version Blackmagic announced at NAB 2015, this is the original URSA now on sale. This is a 4K raw recording, 80fps in 4K 3 to 1 Raw, 150fps at 1080, comes with a 10″ screen, global shutter, and 12 stops of dynamic range camera.
Is the 4.6K sensor on the horizon? Usually Blackmagic reduces the price of their current flagship camera when they will soon ship their newest camera, but this is a B & H sale so we have no real idea. On Blackmagic Design’s website the URSA 4.6K and URSA Mini 4.6K are listed as shipping in “September.” Will this actually happen. Oh God, I hope so.
Blackmagic URSA Key Features
- Large high resolution 4K Super 35 mm sized sensor with superior handing of image detail.
- Professional global shutter for smooth pans and image motion.
- Wide 12 stops of dynamic range allows capture of increased details for feature film look.
- Compatible with extremely high quality PL or EF mount lenses, depending on model.
- User upgradable design allows customers to upgrade and change the sensor and lens mount.
- Built in dual CFast 2.0 card recorders allow unlimited duration recording in high quality.
- Open file formats compatible with popular edit software, such as ProRes, CinemaDNG RAW and CinemaDNG RAW 3:1 in 12 bit. No custom file formats.
- Support for ProRes 444 XQ, ProRes 444, ProRes HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes LT, ProRes Proxy at resolutions up to Ultra HD.
- Features all standard connections, including dual XLR mic/line audio inputs with phantom power, 6G-SDI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay and separate XLR 4 pin power output for viewfinder power, 6G-SDI monitoring input, headphone jack, LANC remote control and standard 4 pin 12V DC power connection.
- Built in stereo microphones for recording sound.
- 3 separate built in LCD monitors for camera settings and metadata entry. Large 10 inch screen folds out for full resolution HD monitoring with wide viewing angle and high brightness.
- Supports Ultra HD and 1080 HD resolution capture in 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 60, with HFR up 80 in 4K and 150 fps at 1080.
- Liquid cooling system allowing higher frame rates when future sensors support this feature.
- Supports quick release tripod mounts and adding V-Mount or Anton/Bauer mount battery plates.
- Includes full copy of DaVinci Resolve software color grading and editing software.
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!Shop Now