In BeyondPodcasting episode 3, Allan Tépper discusses audio plugins and more with Chris Curran of Podcast Engineering School. Ahead you’ll get to hear the entire episode and see a list of all equipment, services and software discussed and/or used to produce this episode, including links to many of them.
You can also play this episode directly on the BeyondPodcasting website or get information to subscribe in Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts (on your Android or Google Home).
Equipment, services + software discussed and/or used with this episode:
- Cleanfeed.net (reviewed here) used to link and record Allan Tépper and Chris Curran remotely at 48 kHz sampling rate.
- ElectroVoice RE20 (vintage version) microphone used by Chris Curran
- RØDE Broadcaster microphone (reviewed here, Amazon — B&H) used by Allan Tépper
- RØDE AI–1 interface preamp/A-to-D converter (reviewed here, Amazon — B&H)
- Neve Portico 2 channel strip (B&H) used by Chris Curran
- Sound Devices MixPre–6 (B&H) used by Chris Curran. (Allan Tépper reviewed the smaller MixPre–3 here.)
- Audio Hijack by Rogue Amoeba (used by Chris Curran and occasionally by Allan Tépper)
- Izotype Ozone 8 (B&H retail price — B&H educational price) used by Chris Curran
- Izotope RX6 Advanced (B&H retail price — B&H educational price) now used by both Chris Curran and Allan Tépper
- Auphonic.com used by Allan Tépper
- Hindenburg Journalist Pro multitrack editor (reviewed and covered in many articles) used by Allan Tépper
- Reaper multitrack editor used by Chris Curran
- Waves plugins used by Chris Currant: Scheps Omni Channel, SSL E-Channel strip, SSL-G Channel strip, Scheps 73 equalizer, CLA–76 compressor/limiter, CLA–2A compressor/limiter, Vocal Rider
- Fab Filter Pro • Q 2 equalizer, Fab Filter Pro • DS de-esser
- Status Audio CB–1 brandable isolating studio headphones (reviewed here, Amazon) used by Allan Tépper.
- SiteGround hosting (used my Allan Tépper for several websites/online radio/podcasts, including BeyondPodcasting)
BeyondPodcasting is located at BeyondPodcasting.com
(Re-)Subscribe for upcoming articles, reviews, radio shows, books and seminars/webinars
Stand by for upcoming articles, reviews, and books. Sign up to my free mailing list by clicking here. If you previously subscribed to my bulletins and no longer receive them, you must re-subscribe due to new compliance to GDPR.
No manufacturer is specifically paying Allan Tépper or TecnoTur LLC to write this article or the mentioned books. Some of the other manufacturers listed above have contracted Tépper and/or TecnoTur LLC to carry out consulting and/or translations/localizations/transcreations. Many of the manufacturers listed above have sent Allan Tépper review units. So far, none of the manufacturers listed above is/are sponsors of the TecnoTur , BeyondPodcasting or TuNuevaRadioGlobal programs, although they are welcome to do so, and some are, may be (or may have been) sponsors of ProVideo Coalition magazine. Some links to third parties listed in this article and/or on this web page may indirectly benefit TecnoTur LLC via affiliate programs. Allan Tépper’s opinions are his own.
Copyright and use of this article
The articles contained in the TecnoTur channel in ProVideo Coalition magazine are copyright Allan Tépper/TecnoTur LLC, except where otherwise attributed. Unauthorized use is prohibited without prior approval, except for short quotes which link back to this page, which are encouraged!
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!