The Foundry, providers of award-winning creative software used globally by leading artists, will bring even more power to its NUKE family of products, with an enhanced version of NUKE STUDIO. NUKE STUDIO, a powerful node-based VFX, editorial and finishing studio, provides unmatched review capabilities for creative individuals working independently as well as collaborative teams working on quick-turnaround projects. The Foundry will demonstrate the new features at NAB, Lower South Hall at booth SL 6329, as well as broadcast them during a live stream on Tuesday, April 14 from 10am – 2pm PDT.
“In order to keep pace with the ongoing demands our customers face, we decided to bring incremental, value-add components to our NUKE family of products,” said Philippa Carroll, head of Media Production, Business Strategy and Operations. “With these features, NUKE STUDIO becomes an even more invaluable single, integrated VFX and finishing application for both individuals and teams.”
NUKE STUDIO’s new features, expected to be commercially available this summer, include :
- Multiple overlay tracks and blending modes in NUKE STUDIO’s timeline, which give users access to even more familiar editing tools, and make editorial effects like adding insets and product logos, simple, fast and real-time.
- Enhanced audio editorial tools, which let users view an audio tracks waveform within the timeline and apply cross fades and fade in/out to audio tracks using handles, these tools now combined make simple audio editing within NUKE STUDIO possible.
- Burn-in soft effect added to the real-time in-timeline effects in NUKE STUDIO, which lets users quickly and easily add review information like time codes, clip name and project name directly in the timeline for use during review.
- XML & AAF support for grades, non-linear retimes, transforms and cropping with NUKE STUDIO, which enables automatic creation of external editorial effects within NUKE STUDIO.
- Native support for stereo playback, both in application and through SDI-out, within NUKE STUDIO and the NUKE and NUKEX Flipbook, giving users taking on stereo projects all the tools that they need.
To access the live stream, please click here. For more information on The Foundry, please visit www.thefoundry.co.uk. For more information about NUKE 9, including its first ever certification of an HP® and NVIDIA® configuration with Blackmagic, please click here.
About The Foundry
The Foundry develops award-winning creative software used globally by leading artists, designers and creative professionals. The portfolio lets users create inspiring and technical high-end visuals in the areas of Media Production (film, commercial, episodic, gaming and VR/AR), and Design (enterprise and creative), as well as participate in emerging high-growth markets such as 3D printing. The Foundry’s wholly owned subsidiary, Made With Mischief, develops simple, creative and accessible tools and applications that empower people to explore ideas and create.
Clients include Pixar, ILM, Double Negative, The Moving Picture Company, Walt Disney Animation, Weta Digital, Framestore and Sony Pictures Imageworks.
In 2013, The Foundry’s CEO Bill Collis was recognized as the UK Technology winner for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award, and the company made the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 for the fourth consecutive year.
In 2015, the London Stock Exchange named The Foundry one of its “1000 Companies to Inspire Britain.”
© The Foundry, its logo and product names are registered trademarks in the UK, USA and/or other countries.