The Australian microphone manufacturer RØDE has just announced its new RØDECaster Pro audio integrated console for live or live-to-drive production, be it for radio or television, online or conventional. The device has several microphone inputs, virtual carts to play pre-recorded our opening, bridges, bumpers, jingles and spots, as well as mix-minus, a built-in audio recorder, APHEX aural exciter/compressor/limiter/gate and much more. While I await a review unit, I’ll cover everything I know about it so far.
Initial specs and capabilities
- 4 XLR mic inputs with phantom power
- 4 individual headphone outputs with individual output volume potentiometers
- 8 faders to control audio levels
- APHEX processing (aural exciter/compressor/limiter/gate)
- 8 programmable virtual carts for instantly playing our opening, bridges, bumpers, closings, jingles and spots
- Instant mix-minus for echo-free phone or app calls
- TRRS for smartphone or tablet connectivity (phone calls or apps)
- USB-C to record on computer or broadcast live
- Onboard recording microSD card
- Color touchscreen
- Works either standalone or with computer
Pending details to discover in my upcoming review
- Maximum input gain on microphone preamps
- Available audio sampling rate(s), i.e. 48 kHz etc.
- Resolution in recording, i.e. 24-bit, 16-bit etc.
- Audio delay?
- Multitrack to DAW, or only stereo mix?
- Mono recording capability?
- Much more
The RØDECaster Pro promises to be an amazing device for audio and audio/video content producers, regardless of their final delivery venues. Be sure to subscribe or re-subscribe to my emailing list to be notified when I publish the final review.
All photos in this first-look article are courtesy of RØDE.
(Re-)Subscribe for upcoming articles, reviews, radio shows, books and seminars/webinars
Stand by for upcoming articles, reviews, and books. Sign up to my free mailing list by clicking here. If you previously subscribed to my bulletins and no longer receive them, you must re-subscribe due to new compliance to GDPR. Most of my current books are at books.AllanTepper.com, and my personal website is AllanTepper.com. Also visit radio.AllanTepper.com.
Si deseas suscribirte (o volver a suscribirte) a mi lista en castellano, visita aquí. Si prefieres, puedes suscribirte a ambas listas (castellano e inglés).
Suscribe to his BeyondPodcasting show at BeyondPodasting.com.
Subscribe to his Tu radio global show at Turadioglobal.com.
Subscribe to his Tu salud secreta show at TuSaludSecreta.com.
Subscribe to his award-winning CapicúaFM show at CapicúaFM.com.
No manufacturer is specifically paying Allan Tépper or TecnoTur LLC to write this article or the mentioned books. Some of the other manufacturers listed above have contracted Tépper and/or TecnoTur LLC to carry out consulting and/or translations/localizations/transcreations. Many of the manufacturers listed above have sent Allan Tépper review units. So far, none of the manufacturers listed above is/are sponsors of the TecnoTur , BeyondPodcasting or TuRadioGlobal programs, although they are welcome to do so, and some are, may be (or may have been) sponsors of ProVideo Coalition magazine. Some links to third parties listed in this article and/or on this web page may indirectly benefit TecnoTur LLC via affiliate programs. Allan Tépper’s opinions are his own.
Copyright and use of this article
The articles contained in the TecnoTur channel in ProVideo Coalition magazine are copyright Allan Tépper/TecnoTur LLC, except where otherwise attributed. Unauthorized use is prohibited without prior approval, except for short quotes which link back to this page, which are encouraged!
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!