The new professional grade ProGrade Digital microSDXC card, available in 32GB, 64GB, 128GB capacities, offers a video speed class rating of V60, for uninterrupted video capture.
Revealed at Photokina 2018, but only available in Q4, the new card readers and microSD card from ProGrade Digital expand the solutions from the company designed for imaging professionals. The new products will join the flagship products already available, which include ProGrade Digital CFast 2.0 and ProGrade Digital SDXC UHS-II memory cards offered in a range of capacities and optimized to render maximum performance when paired with high-end DSLR, mirrorless, camcorder, drone and digital cinema cameras.
Certified video speed class rating
No The new professional grade ProGrade Digital microSDXC UHS-II, U3, Class 10, V60 card now announced delivers a maximum read speed of up to 200MB/s and maximum write speed of up to 80MB/s. Video Speed Class V60 tested and certified, the card’s sustained write speed will not dip below 60MB/s, which ensures that dropped frames do not occur during video recording.
ProGrade Digital microSDXC UHS-II, U3, Class 10, V60 delivers:
- Performance speed certified to perform at a maximum read rate of up to 200MB/s; maximum write speed of up to 80MB/s
- V60 (Video Speed Class) tested and certified to perform at a minimum sustained write speed of 60MB/s
- Optimized for 4K, UHD, Full HD and most high bit rate MPEG-4 CODECs
- Rigorous full card testing, plus component-level testing down to individual memory chips
- Laser-etched serial number to track key components and manufacturing data in order to provide highest quality control
- Professional-level capacities 32GB, 64GB; 128GB in Q4
- Packaging: single and multi-pack in jewel case; includes full-size SD UHS-II adapter
- 3-year warranty
“ProGrade Digital is pleased to announce the expansion of our professional line to include a range of V60, UHS II microSDXC cards. With this announcement, ProGrade Digital becomes one of the only companies to offer a microSDXC with a certified video speed class rating of V60–which is critical for uninterrupted video capture by many professional and mirrorless cameras from companies such as Sony, Canon, and Panasonic,” said Wes Brewer, founder and CEO of ProGrade Digital. “As more and more professionals add drones plus smaller action and point-of-view cams to their workflows to produce broadcast, sport, travel and documentary footage, the need for high performance, high-quality microSD cards is increasing. The ProGrade Digital microSDXC memory cards bring extra versatility, when paired with the included SD UHS-II adapter, by also allowing professionals to record footage created by DSLR and mirrorless cameras with full-size SD card slots.”
ProGrade Digital microSDXC UHS-II, V60 memory cards in 32GB, 64GB, 128GB capacities, priced $49.99, $74.99, $114.99 respectively, will be available in Q4. These cards will be available on the company’s website and partner sites, such as Amazon.com and B&H Photo and Video.
Card readers that are time savers
The company also introduced two new card readers. Building upon the company’s line of latest generation USB workflow products is the addition of a microSD Dual-Slot Card Reader, plus CompactFlash & SD Dual-Slot Card Reader. Both readers support USB 3.1, Gen 2 protocols and offer data transfer rates of up to 10Gb/s (1.25GB/s).Mark Lewis, VP of Marketing for ProGrade Digital, said, commenting on the speed of the cards “At that speed, envision the time to be saved when transferring files, especially from today’s data-intensive cameras. Insert a memory card into each slot and get a concurrent maximum speed of transfer.”
Dual-Slot CompactFlash & SD Workflow Reader, Dual-Slot microSD Workflow Reader Key Features:
- USB 3.1, Gen. 2 interface provides transfer speed of up to 10Gb/s (25GB/s)
- Supports concurrent maximum speed data transfer from cards in both slots
- LED indicator for data transfer activity
- Includes two 18” connection cables: one Type A to Type C and one Type C to Type C
- Magnetized bottom connects reader to laptop (using included metal mounting plate)
- Portable and compact
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 or later; Windows 10
- Backwards compatible with USB 3.0 devices
- Dual-Slot CompactFlash & SD Workflow Reader dimensions: 70.8 mm x 70.8 mm x 18 mm
- Dual-Slot microSD Workflow Reader dimensions: 70.8 mm x 70.8 mm x 18 mm
- 2-year warranty
With the CFAST & SD Dual-Slot USB 3.1, Gen2 workflow reader already available, ProGrade digital has now a total of three card readers providing simultaneous rapid transfer from cards in both slots. Indispensable for aerial drone, sport, cinema, broadcast video and photography workflows where large volumes of data are the norm. Portable and compact, the dual-slot reader is ideal for on-location file back-up. Magnetized bottom connects the reader to a laptop when paired with the included metal mounting plate.
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!