Right after NAB I reached out to the folks at Matrox and Cineform urging them to work together. It’s a perfect combination. I am so excited that they were able to get this working so quickly. Still to come will be support for direct capture via HDMI or analog inputs of MXO2 Mini into Cineform CODEC. Down the road we hope to see both companies full product lines supported and working together.
Matrox MXO2 Mini Now Provides Inexpensive HDMI Monitoring for AVCHD Editing
with Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and CineForm NeoScene
(Montr©al, Canada–June 29, 2009) Matrox® Video Products Group today announced Matrox MXO2 Mini support for the popular CineForm NeoScene editing workflow that streamlines AVCHD editing with Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 on the PC.
The Matrox MXO2 Mini I/O device provides inexpensive HDMI monitoring with 10-bit 4:2:2 color precision. It turns an HDMI screen into a professional-grade video monitor with Matrox’s unique color calibration tool. Controls for hue, chroma, contrast, brightness, and blue-only are provided. Users get accurate color representation so that an inexpensive HDMI monitor can be used even for color grading. Matrox MXO2 Mini even provides 1:1 pixel mapping on HDMI displays that support this feature so video will not be stretched and distorted by the monitor.
“CineForm users appreciate the high visual fidelity and realtime editing capability NeoScene brings to their AVCHD workflow but until now, they have not been able to enjoy full-screen previews of their work,” said Francesco Scartozzi, Matrox sales director. “Matrox MXO2 Mini provides an affordable, high-quality, video output solution that greatly improves the AVCHD editing experience.”
“The AVCHD camera format is designed for recording, not editing, but now with a few simple steps editors can benefit from professional realtime editing performance,” said David Taylor, CineForm co-founder and CEO. With NeoScene, users can easily convert difficult-to-edit AVCHD files into CineForm’s professional 10-bit Wavelet compression format for faster editing performance, plus conversion to 24p (24 progressive frames) for users who desire a cinematic presentation. We’re excited about our collaboration with Matrox because of the enhanced editing experience that results; users can now drop their CineForm content on a CS4 timeline using a Matrox project preset and enjoy realtime playout through MXO2 to their preferred monitor or television.
Key features of Matrox MXO2 Mini
* Works with Mac and PC, laptops and desktops
* Small, lightweight, external box that’s easily connected to cameras and monitors
* Capture high definition video via HDMI or analog component; NTSC and PAL via analog component, S-Video, or composite
* Playback high definition video via HDMI and analog component; NTSC and PAL via HDMI and analog component or HDMI and S-Video and composite
* Output HD and SD video simultaneously
* Turns an HDMI screen into a professional-grade video monitor with color calibration tools including blue-only
* High-quality 10-bit hardware scaling engine for realtime upscaling, downscaling, and cross conversion on capture and playback
* Stereo RCA and up to 8 channels of HDMI audio input and output
* 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound monitoring on the HDMI output
* Easily edit AVCHD footage by capturing into an edit-friendly compressed or uncompressed format
* Works with leading applications including Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, and many more
* Also available with Matrox MAX™ technology for faster than realtime H.264 encoding
* Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support