Toronto stands as the largest media market in Canada, it boasts the world-renowned Royal Ontario Museum, the massive Art Gallery of Ontario, the Soulpepper Theatre Company, the Toronto Symphony Orchestra, and now a premiere international short film festival. The inaugural Toronto International Short Film Festival, is held at the Carlton Cinema Theatres.
Toronto Shorts Fest provides a showcase for the best short-form cinema and its creators in the world. We feel that short form cinema and its creators should have their own premier film festival in Toronto deserving similar recognition given to the feature film and its creators. The heart of the festival will be our quality and scope of extraordinary film programming.
In order to showcase the best short films and its filmmakers from around the world, we created the Toronto International Short Film Festival. Toronto Shorts Fest is a where films from a wide spectrum intersect. Animations, documentaries, comedies, narrative, genre, and graduation short films from some of the finest film schools.
2014 SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Films must have been completed after Jan. 1, 2013
- All non-English films must have English sub-titles.
- Films may be submitted via Online Screener or a DVD or DVD PAL in (Region 0 or 1).
- Works-in-progress will be considered, provided they will be completed prior to the festival.
- Preview DVD should be labeled with the title, running-time, contact email and phone number.
- Please do NOT send stills or press kits. If your film is selected we will ask you to email us a still image.
- All films selected for the festival grant Toronto Shorts Fest the rights to use DVD and press materials from the film for promotional purposes.
- Toronto Shorts Fest is permitted to retain DVD copies of each film selected as part of our festival library and for media educational use.
- All films selected for the festival grant Toronto Shorts Fest the rights to upload a clip/trailer up to 2 minutes in length online for promotional purposes.
- You may submit more than one film, but each one must be on a separate DVD and must be accompanied by its own completed submission form and entry fee.
- If you would like to make sure that we received your submission, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped postcard which we will send back to you as your confirmation.
Visit their website for more information: www.tisff.net