Fremont, CA – June 6, 2013 – Blackmagic Design today announced a new lower price on its popular UltraStudio 4K to US$995.
UltraStudio 4K is the world’s most advanced Thunderbolt capture and playback solution that features 6G-SDI and HDMI 4K video connections so it can work in Ultra HD and 4K video formats. UltraStudio 4K is a compact and attractive single rack unit design with a wide range of rear connectors for almost any type of video and audio connection available. The front panel is a machined aluminum design that features an integrated color LCD as well as fast to use video and audio input buttons. UltraStudio 4K is attractive so it’s perfect for desktop as well as rack mount use. UltraStudio 4K can take advantage of long Thunderbolt cables that can be up to 30 meters away from the host computer.
Thunderbolt technology enables UltraStudio 4K to offer high enough speed for true Ultra HD and 4K capture and playback which is 4 times the resolution of regular HD 1080 video. The product includes 6G-SDI, HDMI 4K and analog component/s-video/composite, as well as balanced analog and AES/EBU digital audio capture and playback. UltraStudio 4K is also perfect for 3D workflow as it features both interleaved/side by side and dual stream capture and playback. Interleaved 3D allows the left and right eye to be interleaved as fields into a single video connection and file, so customers can edit using current editing software.
UltraStudio 4K includes the latest advanced video technologies available. UltraStudio 4K features dual link 6G-SDI so it can capture and playback Ultra HD and 4K video as well as use the dual links for advanced 4:4:4 as well as dual stream stereoscopic 3D where 3D capture and playback is done via two independent channels.
With SDI, HDMI and analog video capture and playback, combined with balanced analog and AES/EBU digital audio, UltraStudio 4K lets customers connect to all decks, cameras and monitors! UltraStudio 4K instantly switches between SD, HD, 2K, Ultra HD and 4K, so is the ideal solution for all post production and broadcast users when working on design, editing, paint, color correction and effects tasks.
“We designed the UltraStudio 4K to be a modern Thunderbolt video capture and playback solution that included the most advanced 6G-SDI and Ultra HD video technology, while combining an extremely attractive rack mount design with every type of video and audio connection available,” said Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design! “Now, with this new affordable price, UltraStudio 4K is now available to smaller studios on the tightest budgets. With UltraStudio 4K, customers get the most feature rich and attractively designed solution for their editing, broadcast design and color correction work without any limitations!”
UltraStudio 4K Key Features
- Dual Link 6G-SDI (6 Gb/s SDI) connections, for SD, HD up to 1080p60, 2K, Ultra HD and 4K.
- HDMI in and out, supports SD and HD formats up to 1080p60, frame packing 3D, Ultra HD and 4K.
- Component SD/HD analog in and out.
- 2 channel balanced analog audio in and out. Additional RCA HiFi audio in.
- 2 channel AES/EBU unbalanced audio in and out.
- Timecode in and out on XLR connectors
- Genlock/tri-sync input.
- Sony™ compatible RS-422 deck control.
- Supports uncompressed 8/10 bit and compressed video capture and playback.
- Capture/playback of side by side, line by line, top and bottom and frame packing 3D via HDMI.
- Includes hardware up down and cross conversion on playback.
- Includes hardware SD and HD keying.
- Compatible with Mac OS X and Windows computers with Thunderbolt™.
- Supports Avid Media Composer™, Final Cut Pro X™ , Adobe Premiere™ Pro, AutoDesk Smoke™, Adobe Photoshop™, Adobe After Effects™, DaVinci Resolve 9 and more.
- Availability and Price
- UltraStudio 4K is available now for US$995 from Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide.
Product photos of the UltraStudio 4K, and all other Blackmagic Design products, are available at www.blackmagicdesign.com/press/images.
About Blackmagic Design
Blackmagic Design creates the world’s highest quality video editing products, digital film cameras, color correctors, video converters, video and audio monitoring, routers, live production switchers, disk recorders, waveform monitors and film restoration products for the feature film, post production and television broadcast industries. Blackmagic Design’s DeckLink capture cards launched a revolution in quality and affordability, while the company’s Emmy™ award winning DaVinci color correction products have dominated the television and film industry since 1984. Blackmagic Design continues ground breaking innovations including the worlds first 6G-SDI technology, stereoscopic 3D, Ultra HD and 4K workflows and more. Founded by world leading post production editors and engineers, Blackmagic Design has offices in the USA, United Kingdom, Japan, Singapore, and Australia. For more information, please check www.blackmagicdesign.com.