I don’t know how I missed this video when it was posted back in March at the great editing blog Suite Take … but I’m glad I found it now! The Top-Ten Things I Wish I Knew About Final Cut Pro…Ten Years Ago
If you are a new editor or are just learning Final Cut Pro then this video is full of great tips. It’s long, some 34 minutes, but it’s full of gems that will help you move faster in Final Cut Pro and might save you a little frustration along the way as well. These 10 things include :
10. Shift and option dragging
9. Quick Ken Burns effect
8. QuickTime vs Quicktime Conversion.
7. The Black and code button.
6. Option 1,2,3 for transition alignment
5. Esc, tab, spacebar to navigate windows
4. Apply normalization to audio in FCP
3. Disable dropped frames warning.
2. Disable rendering with caps lock.
1. Map your keyboard.
Thanks for Suite Take for taking the time to put this video together.