Legendary Mercalli SAL video stabilizer application is now on Mac, as a full-featured, stand-alone macOS native application. Keep reading to discover why.
proDAD’s products for video stabilization and CMOS, fisheye, and rolling-shutter correction are legendary among videographers, filmmakers, and broadcasters around the world for their ability to transform unusable video into cinematic gold. Still, for Mac users proDad’s Mercalli was an untouchable dream, as there was only a version for Windows. Mercalli SAL Mac, launched now, delivers the full power and performance of the Mercalli V4 stabilization engine to correct shaky, bent, and warped videos that competing products such as Apple’s Final Cut Pro just can’t handle.
Mercalli SAL Mac is a native 64-bit macOS application developed in the U.S. and is loaded with professional features that include two levels of CMOS distortion correction and fisheye warp removal. Automated batch video analysis speeds your workflow and you can preview, trim, and split clips then export rendered video in a wide range of formats including ProRes 4444 and all flavors of ProRes 422. Mercalli SAL Mac provides intelligent stabilization profiles (presets) that eliminate the need for manual fine-tune adjustment (though you can also tweek the settings if you wish) to deliver the best-looking video as fast as possible with minimal resolution loss from cropping.
To meet the requirements of professional users, proDAD collaborated with more than 30 professional videographers and editors to perfect Mercalli SAL Mac’s flexible workflow and its advanced user interface.
Why is Mercalli SAL Mac a stand-alone application and not a Final Cut Pro X plug-in? We’ve discovered that editors prefer the simplicity of not being forced to use an NLE system. The standalone approach gives more speed and flexibility when an editor has many clips that need correction prior to assembling a full movie in an NLE and with its automated analysis and export features, Mercalli SAL Mac can be used as a bulk clip preparation tool or to edit and correct individual clips. Whatever the desired workflow, Mercalli SAL Mac makes it simple and easy and delivers the best possible results.
“The Mercalli software is a storied brand within the video post-production community and used by countless video professionals and studios around the globe” said Robert DeMoulin, CEO of proDAD, Inc. “Our most frequently requested feature by far has been Mac support and today with Mercalli SAL Mac, we deliver what our users have been clamoring for. Mercalli is the tool video professionals have always relied upon when they have to take rough, shaky, or otherwise unusable video and turn it into cinematic gold. Mercalli SAL Mac brings this power to macOS and is a tool every video editor needs.”
Mercalli SAL Mac key features:
- Advanced 3-axis video stabilization and rolling-shutter distortion correction based on the Mercalli V4 engine
- Two levels of CMOS distortion correction to remove jitter, wobble, and “jello” from video clips
- Automated batch video analysis
- Automatic fisheye warp removal
- Automatic warped video correction by simply selecting the camera model used
- Full resolution clip preview with simple trim editing and clip splitting to save processing time and streamline workflows
- Side-by-side or top-bottom preview of corrected video with the original clip
- Intelligent Universal and Action Camera/Drone stabilization profiles (presets)
- Support for manual fine tuning of pan shot smoothing, roll balance, dynamic scaling, zoom, and x- and y-axis balance.
- Optional retention of camera dynamics to preserve video character
- Border handling options to optimize between maximum stabilization and highest resolution
- Corrected video clip export in ProRes 4444, any variant of ProRes 422, H.264/AVC, or JPEG formats
- Industry standard NLE keyboard shortcuts
There is a fully functional 30-day trial version; exported video contains a watermark which is removed when the software is activated. Mercalli SAL Mac is immediately available for purchase at an MSRP of $149 with a 20% introductory discount until August 30. Learn more at prodad.us.