The email looked like any other masculine-insecurity spam: “NEW PERFORMANCE-ENHANCING UPDATES”. But it went on to say, “FOR PANASONIC AG-HPX300”, so I knew it was OK… there’s
new firmware for this killer 3-CMOS camcorder that adds a lot of value:
- Flash Band Compensation to stitch together “split-field” flash frames.
- Lower image noise in 1080/24P and 1080/30P modes.
- Scene File F3 improved “with a greatewr range of resolution, coloring, and contrast”.
- DRS added in 60i or 50i modes with slower shutters.
- Improved E-series P2 card compatibility.
- …plus a few other useful fixups.
The firmware works for the 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, and 305, so wherever in the world you’re using this puppy, Panasonic has you covered:
- Firmware download page
- PDF Release Notes, including a description of flash band compensation.
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!Shop Now