The new Neutron plug-in includes industry first technologies Track Assistant and Masking Meter. Available from October 5, with a live webinar October 6, for all those who want to know more.
In September iZotope released Neutrino, a free plug-in, that offered a glimpse into industry-first iZotope mixing technology. This October the company reveals the entire story with the introduction of another name from their family of products. Neutron’s Track Assistant saves you time by listening your audio and recommending custom starting points for your track. The analysis intelligence within Neutron allows Track Assistant to automatically detect instruments, recommend the placement of EQ nodes, and set optimal settings for other modules. You still maintain full control over all your mix decisions, but Track Assistant gives you more time to focus on what’s most important — your creative take on the mix.
Another industry first, Neutron’s Masking Meter allows you to visually identify and fix perceptual frequency collisions between instruments, which can result in guitars masking lead vocals, bass covering up drums, and other issues that can cause a “muddy” or overly crowded mix. Easily tweak each track to carve away muddiness and reveal new sonic possibilities.
“With Neutron, we’re introducing a new mixing paradigm by providing music producers and audio post professionals with a smarter way to mix,” says Mark Ethier, CEO and co-founder of iZotope. “The advanced technology within the software has an intelligence that isn’t the standard, one-size-fits-all mixing solution — Neutron is smart, but you’re still in charge. We envision Neutron being the helpful tool you’ve always wanted. It has a deep understanding of the tracks and where they compete with one another, and it offers subtle enhancements to the sound based on that understanding.”
Neutron can be used on every track, offering zero-latency, CPU-efficient performance. With an industry leading static /dynamic EQ, two multiband Compressors, a multiband Transient Shaper, a multiband Exciter, and a True Peak Limiter, users will hear clearer results in less time.
Neutron’s Key Features:
- Automatically detect different instruments – like vocals, dialogue, guitar, bass, and drums – and then apply the spectral shaping technology within Neutrino to provide subtle clarity and balance to each track.
- Get recommendations for optimal starting points using Track Assistant, including EQ nodes, compressor thresholds, saturation types, and multiband crossover points, so you can mix with confidence.
- Carve out sonic space with the revolutionary Masking Meter to help each instrument sit better in the mix.
- Create the perfect mix with five essential mixing processors integrated into one CPU-efficient channel strip, packed with both clean digital and warm vintage-flavored processing.
- Surround Support [Advanced Only] for audio post professionals that need to enhance the audio for picture experience.
- Individual plug-ins [Advanced Only] available for the Equalizer, Compressor, Transient Shaper, and Exciter
Neutron and Neutron Advanced will be available October 5, 2016. Neutron Advanced will also be available as part of iZotope’s new Music Production Bundle 2. This incredible value combines iZotope’s latest products with its most popular tools including Ozone 7 Advanced, Nectar 2 Production Suite, VocalSynth, Trash 2 Expanded, RX Plug-in Pack, and Insight.
Once available, Neutron, Neutron Advanced, and the Music Production Bundle 2 will be on sale through October 31, 2016 in two options: Neutron, available for $199 USD and 189 Euro or Neutron Advanced, available fore for $299 USD and 270 Euro. It is also possible to buy the Music Production Bundle 2 for $499 USD and 459 Euro. For upgrading options consult iZotope’s website.
For more information about the new product you can also sign up for a special webinar on October 6th at 7PM EDT, hosted by iZotope’s own Jonathan Wyner and Matthew Hines, Neutron’s Product Manager. They’ll give you an in-depth look at Neutron and will also be answering questions live.
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!