Digital Asset Management (DAM) software is an application which facilitates quick and efficient storage, retrieval and reuse of the digital assets essential for enterprises. Digital assets include processed data files, white papers, engineering blueprints, architectural plans, web pages, text documents, photos, videos, audio files, and many other electronic files related to business. DAM software implements the business rules and processes needed to acquire, store, index, secure, search, and transform these assets and metadata (data-about-data) for them. DAM software is an essential tool to monitor storage state of files and restore backup copies in case primary data is damaged. It also monitors use of storage capacity, software/hardware failures, provides support for technology/system migration, and eases ingestion and access policies for data movement in enterprises. Other terms which symbolize DAM software are media asset management software (MAM software), and enterprise content management software (ECM software).
The report forecasts the size of the Global Digital Asset Management Software Market in Retail Industry over the period 2008-2012. It also segments this market into various geographic regions (presenting the size of each of these regions). Further, it discusses the key market trends, drivers and challenges of the Global Digital Asset Management Software Market in Retail Industry, and profiles some of the key vendors in Global Digital Asset Management software operating in the Retail Industry.
TechNavio Insights is a set of reports based on TechNavio – a market intelligence platform for the IT industry. It builds on the intelligence available within TechNavio, and leverages on the custom research experience of the ‘Technology Navigators’. TechNavio is built on years of experience of Infiniti Research in deep dive custom research and consulting for over 30 Fortune 500 companies and numerous large and mid-sized companies.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Web Based DAM Software (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)
- Asset Management for Business in the Digital World (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)
- What is stopping you from investing in a DAM solution? (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)
- DAM vendors vs. marketing agencies – understanding the difference (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)
- It’s less and less about the repository and more about the workflow (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)
- Digital Asset Management Reporting and Success Metrics (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)