On BeyondPodcasting episode 5, Allan Tépper converses with James Cridland, Radio futurologist and editor of Podnews.net, aka “the James Bond of both conventional radio and the new radio”. They both celebrate the arrival of Google Podcasts and discuss forced HTTPS since 2014 or earlier, Secure RSS videos, international and linguistic issues, 5 reasons to eliminate www from your website and more. Listen ahead.
Listen here or go to BeyondPodcasting.com for free subscription options.
- International cultural and linguistic issues
- Secure RSS feeds
- Forced HTTPS on websites since 2014 or earlier
- Allan Tépper’s Medium article about 5 reasons to remove WWW from your website
- Silent dots
- Confusion between the two different types of the billion number: the short scale (9 zeros) and the long scale (12 zeros)
- Which is the correct side of the street to drive and why
Audio hardware and software used:
- RØDE M5 microphone (Amazon — B&H) reviewed here, used by Allan Tépper.
- Shure A81WS enormous windscreen/pop filter (Amazon — B&H) covered in many articles and used in countless US presidential inaugurations.
- Tascam US–2X2 preamp/A-D converter interface (Amazon — B&H) to be reviewed soon, used by Allan Tépper.
- Cleanfeed.net (reviewed here) used to link Allan and James and record them at 48 kHz on separate tracks.
- RØDE Podcaster microphone (Amazon — B&H) used by James.
- Auphonic.com used by Allan Tépper and James Cridland
- Hindenburg Journalist Pro multitrack editor (reviewed and covered in many articles) used by Allan Tépper.
- Izotope RX6 Advanced (review pending, B&H retail price — B&H educational price) used by Allan Tépper.
- Audio MIDI settings in macOS to set audio sampling frequency of connected devices to 48 kHz.
- Status Audio CB–1 brandable isolating studio headphones (reviewed here, Amazon) used by Allan Tépper.
- SiteGround hosting (used by Allan Tépper for several websites/online radio/podcasts, including BeyondPodcasting)
BeyondPodcasting resides at BeyondPodcasting.com.
¿Hablas el idioma de Cervantes? Nuestra radio hermana en castellano es Tu radio global en Turadioglobal.com.
No manufacturer is specifically paying Allan Tépper or TecnoTur LLC to write this article or the mentioned books. Some of the other manufacturers listed above have contracted Tépper and/or TecnoTur LLC to carry out consulting and/or translations/localizations/transcreations. Many of the manufacturers listed above have sent Allan Tépper review units. So far, none of the manufacturers listed above is/are sponsors of the TecnoTur , BeyondPodcasting or TuNuevaRadioGlobal programs, although they are welcome to do so, and some are, may be (or may have been) sponsors of ProVideo Coalition magazine. Some links to third parties listed in this article and/or on this web page may indirectly benefit TecnoTur LLC via affiliate programs. Allan Tépper’s opinions are his own.
Copyright and use of this article
The articles contained in the TecnoTur channel in ProVideo Coalition magazine are copyright Allan Tépper/TecnoTur LLC, except where otherwise attributed. Unauthorized use is prohibited without prior approval, except for short quotes which link back to this page, which are encouraged!