The KUMO family of routers expands with a new member, the KUMO 1616-12G Compact 12G-SDI Router, now available for $2495.
The new KUMO 1616-12G offers, according to AJA Video Systems, increased capacity for larger configurations while maintaining a compact 1RU profile with support for 12G-SDI/6G-SDI/3G-SDI/1.5G-SDI with 16x 12G-SDI inputs and 16x 12G-SDI outputs.
Designed for broadcast, production and ProAV environments where size and capacity are crucial, KUMO 1616-12G mirrors the compact physical form of AJA’s production-proven KUMO 1616 router and offers network-based and/or physical control. Multi-port gang-routing supports up to 8K resolutions, and a USB port makes it easy to configure the router IP address via AJA’s free eMini-Setup software. Key feature highlights include:
- 16x 12G-SDI inputs and 16x outputs for up to 4K/UltraHD support at 60p over a single cable
- Small, compact 1RU form factor
- Multi-port gang control supports up to 8K resolutions
- Redundant power supply option
- Eight salvos per router
- Embedded web server for remote control on any standard web browser
- USB port to easily configure the router IP address and simplify initial network configuration
- Auto re-clocking SDI rates: 270 Mbps /1.483/1.485/2.967/2.970/5.934/5.940/
- 11.868/11.880 Gbps
- Support for AJA KUMO Control Panels (hardware, with direct connect or networked)
- 5-year warranty and support
Perfect fit for broadcast
KUMO compact SDI routers provide powerful signal control and support full broadcast specifications over 12G-SDI, 6G-SDI, 3G-SDI, HD-SDI and SD-SDI, with quality that exceeds SMPTE specifications. The super-compact 1RU and 2RU and 4RU formats are just a few inches deep, making them a perfect fit for any broadcast, production, or post-production environment, from mobile sports trucks and edit suites, through to corporate video installations or live theatrical A/V rigs.
KUMO routers are easily integrated with existing infrastructure utilizing the industry-standard Grass Valley Native Protocol over RS-422 or even Ethernet. Ethernet network connectivity also allows you to control all KUMO routers from any web browser on a network-connected device, ensuring you have the control you need from any location.
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!