Green Chameleon Two Pillars of Implementing KM Initiatives.
Are you implementing a tool for collaboration, document sharing, discussions, etc and you are not sure how to make it a success? How to bring your colleagues to use it? Often, just a great tool alone is not sufficient to achieve sustainable usage. I would even say that the technology, the tool itself, is only 20% of the business. The other 80% is convincing, promotion, and making the users aware of your solution.
A while ago, somebody showed me the results of a study on: what are the critical factors to make Knowledge Management initiatives successful? And I am really sorry that I could not dig up the source again. Anyhow, the two key drivers were identified as:
perceived management support
During our global roll-out of a document and discussion platform we focused on these two factor; and I would like to elaborate my view on those.
Users regard a tool as useful, if it is simple and does not require additional work; ideally, the tool should be integrated in their daily job. Based on these attributes it is important to promote your solution, make the users aware that it is available, and show them what are their personal benefits.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Recommended Knowledge Management 3.0 part III: The KM process (fredzimny.wordpress.com)
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!Shop Now