Capable of bridging 10-bit HD IP video signals to HDMI and SDI, the new IPR-10G2-HDMI and IPR-10G2-SDI video Mini-Converters are compact, quite and powerful.
AJA Video Systems launched, early February, the next generation of its production-proven HA5-4K Mini-Converters, capable of extending 4K HDMI signals over long distances, up to 10km over a single fiber link. Now the company introduces two more solutions for the industry, in the shape of the IPR-10G2-HDMI and IPR-10G2-SDI, two new SMPTE ST 2110 IP video Mini-Converters.
Compact, quiet and powerful video and audio receivers that are capable of bridging 10-bit HD IP video signals to HDMI and SDI, both models are equipped with dual 10 GigE SFP+ cages for hitless switching, providing redundancy protection in critical distribution and monitoring applications.
IPR-10G2-HDMI supports monitoring of SMPTE ST 2110 signals via HDMI up to HD 60p and includes a full-size HDMI 1.4b video output with up to 8-channels of embedded audio. IPR-10G2-SDI provides SMPTE ST 2110 monitoring up to HD 60p via dual mirrored 3G-SDI outputs, with up to 16-channels of embedded audio. Both models are ideal for seamless integration into green-field SMPTE ST 2110 facilities, or existing baseband environments including master control, trucks or edit suites.
Features, price and availability
Additional IPR-10G2-HDMI and IPR-10G2-SDI feature highlights include:
- Rugged, compact, fanless design
- NMOS for Discovery, Registration and Control (IS-04 v1.2 & IS-05 v1.0)
- Ember+ or AJA REST API for Control
- Two 10 GigE SFP+ cages for media LAN, with status light
- One 1 GigE RJ45 socket for control LAN, with status light, for simple setup and configuration via web-browser
- One mini-USB port for an alternative fast and simple network setup with AJA’s free eMini-Setup software
- Full 10-bit pixel processing pipeline
- IPR-10G2-HDMI supports up to 1920×1080 60p, YCbCr 4:2:2, or RGB 4:4:4
- IPR-10G2-SDI supports up to 1920×1080 60p, YCbCr 4:2:2
- Two RCA analog audio outputs
- Five-year warranty and support
The whole family of AJA IP Mini-Converters is designed for the transport, reception and decoding of IP video. Models are available for either SMPTE ST 2110 uncompressed video and audio over IP with 10 GigE connectivity, or JPEG 2000 TR-01 video and audio over 1 GigE. The models announced, PR-10G2-HDMI and IPR-10G2-SDI are now available through AJA’s worldwide reseller network for $1295 each.