StudioGPU continues to boost productivity in 3D production pipelines everywhere by offering the new AMD ATI FirePro™ V8800 professional graphics card as an optional bundle with its award-winning MachStudio™ Pro non-linear 3D workflow and rendering software. The company also announced today that a full-featured no-obligation 30-day free trial version of MachStudio Pro is now available for download at www.studiogpu.com/trial.
MachStudio Pro liberates creative workflow for 3D artists by leveraging the horsepower of off-the-shelf professional graphics processing units (GPUs) to provide real-time and near real-time high-fidelity 3D-workflow and rendering performance on the desktop. MachStudio Pro artists can easily manipulate and render complex 3D scenes with the new ATI FirePro V8800 graphics card, which offers incomparable features such as1600 industry-leading stream processors and the highest memory bandwidth available.
See the newest StudioGPU MachStudio Pro software and technology showcased in the AMD Booth (#301) at SIGGRAPH 2010, Los Angeles Convention Center, July 27-29.
The ATI FirePro V8800 features 2 GB ultra high-speed GDDR5 memory, more than two times the compute power of the previous generation FirePro card, and the ability to drive up to four independent 30-inch displays at 16.4 million pixels using ATI Eyefinity technology. When paired with MachStudio Pro software, artists can take advantage of real-time performance and features exclusive to ATI graphics such as real-time displacement mapping using hardware tessellation.
About MachStudio Pro
MachStudio Pro allows artists, designers, engineers, directors, and technical directors (TDs) to work with 3D lighting, camera views and multi-point perspectives in an interactive non-linear fashion for real-time high-fidelity views as they will appear in the final rendered format. With MachStudio Pro users can easily manage and interact with complex lighting, caustics, cameras, shaders, materials, ambient occlusion, and color grading for real-time shot finaling and compositing.
>From computer-aided design (CAD) visualization and 3D animation to top-quality film and broadcast projects, MachStudio Pro offers seamless interoperability with leading professional 3D modeling, animation, and CAD software packages. Some of the many new features available in MachStudio Pro include :
– Physically-based cameras provide settings and controls that mimic real-world cameras.
– Export rendered images directly into Adobe Photoshop while maintaining all render passes as independent, editable Photoshop layers.
– Materials ID render pass for effortless identification of materials in third-party compositing applications.
– Added Python programming functionality provides endless options for tailoring the UI, workspace and production pipeline.
– Vertex animation compression greatly reduces the size and overhead of animation files that are being exported from 3D modeling packages into MachStudio Pro.
– Multi-threading improves speed and responsiveness of MachStudio Pro by separating the user interface (UI) and rendering into separate threads.
– Procedural ramp texture generation for projected lights allows for the creation of stylized lights from within MachStudio Pro without the need for imported textures.
– Ambient Occlusion (AO) depth peeling increases the accuracy and quality of AO passes.
– Transparency depth peeling boosts the accuracy of transparency sorting and the quality of opacity attributes.
– Support for 32-bit floating point TIFFs provide higher bit depth and consequently, superior-quality displacement maps.
MachStudio Pro supports Microsoft Windows 7, Windows XP Professional and Windows Vista operating systems on most professional graphic accelerator cards. MachStudio Pro software is now available in North America for $3,999 (USD) or bundled with the AMD ATI FirePro V8800 3D workstation graphics card for $4,999 (USD). For pricing in other regions, visit www.studiogpu.com/buy/locator. Student, education and volume licensing is also available upon request. For more information about MachStudio Pro and to download the free 30 day full MachStudio Pro trial software, visit the StudioGPU web site at www.studiogpu.com.
StudioGPU develops software and technology that frees digital artists from the creative shackles of time, money and resources. MachStudio Pro empowers artists and designers working in film, broadcast, game development, computer-assisted design (CAD), and pre- and postproduction to create and manipulate fully rendered film-quality 3D design and animation in real-time.