The new firmware update announced by SmallHD for its line of 13”, 17”, 24” and 32” production monitors, including the HDR (high dynamic range) displays, introduces a series of features requested by users.
To provide a better viewing experience, the Firmware 1.3 update adds De-Interlacer to view interlaced video in a progressive mode. It also adds V-Log and S-Log 3 DeLOG and HDR Preview support. A new Color Picker tool has been added to the toolbar to view the specific color values of a selected pixel on the video signal displayed.
The upgrade also supports a Studio Mode for SmallHD’s 1303HDR 13” monitor, which provides a brightness setting engineered for studio environments. Additionally, the multi-view function has been simplified to allow viewing of just two video outputs for A/B Camera setups, and repeated pressing of the input button will now cycle through all available inputs.
Besides the new features and improvement of some others, the new firmware also fixes some bugs. So, if you’ve a SmallHD and have any of the problems described here, get the free update as soon as possible:
- Fixed a bug that occasionally caused Vectorscope to crash.
- Fixed a bug causing transient data to not display properly when “no correction” is set in the Input menu, even if a log format is not the chosen gamma.
- Fixed a bug causing the Multi-view/Dual-view to occasionally show valid inputs as a black image.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally caused some colors to be rendered incorrectly when the input format changes
- Toggling “ignore look” on a scope while there is no active look on the current page will no longer result in a change to the scope data.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a page to continue displaying Brightness & Contrast adjustments made within the “Focus Assist” & “Peaking” tools, even after these tools were disabled.
The free update, as well as a detailed list of the firmware update’s new features, is available at www.smallhd.com. The 1.3 firmware upgrade can be installed on the following models: 1303 Studio, 1303 HDR, 1703 Studio, 1703 HDR, 2403 Studio, 2403 HDR and 3203 HDR.