PROMISE Technology, a leader in providing high-performance storage solutions to the rich media market and the leader in designing cutting-edge Thunderbolt™ storage devices, announced today that Autodesk® Smoke® software can now be used with PROMISE Pegasus. No longer are editors and finishing artists bound only to in-suite workflows; with PROMISE Pegasus, the world’s first Thunderbolt I/O enabled hardware RAID storage solution they can now utilize Smoke software’s proven editing and visual effects tools on-site, on-the-go and in-suite. Autodesk Smoke combined with PROMISE Pegasus delivers extraordinary ease-of-use, leading creative tools and lightning fast performance to professional editors.
“Helping to drive editing and finishing transformation for creative professionals is a very rewarding milestone for PROMISE,” said Alice Chang, CMO, PROMISE Technology. “The ability to use Autodesk Smoke with Pegasus is another example of our ability to respond to the evolving demands of the rich media marketplace. We look forward to helping drive exciting innovations for the media and entertainment industry.”
PROMISE Thunderbolt-enabled products improve workflow for creative professionals. Here’s how:
- Enables low-latency, high-speed bandwidth to portables and desktops to allow for editing data-rate hungry video streams that were never before possible on systems in this class;
- Delivers over 800 MB/s worth of steaming rich media content to systems with Thunderbolt technology;
- Reduces time spent doing proxy editing by allowing for direct playback and editing of uncompressed HD streams over Thunderbolt; and,
- Transfers full length HD movies in minutes rather than hours saving precious time resources for actual editing.
All-in-One Editorial Finishing on the Mac
Autodesk Smoke software is a high-quality professional editorial finishing tool for the Mac. As a single solution for editing and post, Smoke combines the non-linear creative workflow editors seek with the 3D visual effects and finishing tools professionals want. A 64-bit core architecture and GPU-accelerated interactivity allows Smoke to take advantage of certified Apple hardware and helps customers to deliver outstanding performance and high-quality results.
“Bringing Smoke to the Mac helped change the game in post by making many of Autodesk’s best creative tools available for the first time to professional editors and artists working on the Mac. With the PROMISE Pegasus Thunderbolt line of storage, these same editors and artists are now able to build cost effective, high-performance desktop and laptop configurations that can deliver amazing interactivity even when working with uncompressed HD and 2K media,” said Stig Gruman, vice president Autodesk digital entertainment. “And this new accessibility is taking the Smoke editorial finishing workflow out of the edit suite and on-set. The power of the two products together provides professionals with the high-end performance they seek and a rich set of creative tools to get the job done.”
Key Smoke features:
- All-in-one creative toolset – Integrated editorial, conform, color correction, paint, titling, and 3D visual effects;
- Flexible keying and color correction tools – Autodesk Modular Keyer, Master Keyer, and Colour Warper™ technologies;
- Conform and finish workflow – Import timelines and native media from Apple® Final Cut Pro® 7, Avid Media Composer® and Adobe Premiere Pro®.
- Stereoscopic 3D tools – Conform, edit, composite, and deliver stereoscopic 3D content; and
- Support for professional tape and file-based formats – SD and HD video, Apple® ProRes and Avid DNxHD®, R3D and ARRIRAW media formats.
Visit www.promise.com/Pegasus to learn more about the PROMISE Thunderbolt RAID storage systems
Visit www.autodesk.com/smokeformac to learn more about Autodesk Smoke
About PROMISE Technology, Inc.
PROMISE Technology, a leader in providing high-performance storage solutions to the rich media market and the leader in designing cutting-edge Thunderbolt™ enabled devices, develops and manufactures sophisticated RAID storage solutions recognized worldwide. Ranging from a complete line of RAID controller cards to FC/iSCSI/SAS/SATA RAID subsystems PROMISE caters to enterprise, mid-range, entry-level and consumer data protection needs. PROMISE products are distinguished by their Unified Common RAID Core and management software and unparalleled support. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., PROMISE has operations throughout North America, Asia and Europe. For more information, visit PROMISE Technology’s website at www.promise.com, or see us on Twitter and Facebook.
© 2011 PROMISE Technology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. PROMISE, the PROMISE logo, VTrak, SmartStor, SuperTrak, FastTrak, VessRAID, Vess, PerfectPATH, PerfectRAID, SATA150, ULTRA133 VTrak S3000, BackTrak, HyperCache, HyperCache-R, HyperCache-W, DeltaScan, GreenRAID, Pegasus and SANLink are registered or pending trademarks of PROMISE Technology, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Information regarding products, services and offerings may be superseded by subsequent documents and are subject to change without notice. For the latest information and specifications regarding PROMISE Technology, Inc. and any of its offerings or services, please contact your local PROMISE office or the corporate headquarters. Visit www.promise.com for more information on PROMISE products.
Autodesk and Smoke are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries.