ROCHESTER, N.Y., Mar. 4 — Kodak today announced its intent to acquire Design2Launch, Inc. developer of a collaborative end-to-end digital workflow solution for marketing and creative teams in the pharmaceutical, food & beverage, automotive, and consumer package marketplaces. Design2Launch is a proven player in the rapidly expanding corporate solutions software market and is a pioneer of “Graphic Lifecycle Management.” Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The Design2Launch System is a suite of integrated modules created to save time and money at every step of the graphics creation process, from project initiation, collaboration and revision, through to approval and into production. Design2Launch, a privately held company formed in 2000, is based in Stamford, Conn.
“Kodak’s strength in workflow is one of our greatest competitive assets, and we are committed to investing in and growing our capabilities to better serve our customers,” said Philip J. Faraci, President and Chief Operating Officer, Eastman Kodak Company. “Design2Launch is a proven player in the rapidly expanding corporate solutions software market and, when completed, this acquisition will enable us to broaden our portfolio of solutions and open new markets within the changing graphic communications marketplace.”
Designed for marketing, creative, advertising, production, R&D, legal, and packaging professionals, major modules of Design2Launch include :
- Visual Asset Manager (VAM), a browser-based, comprehensive digital asset management system which supports all types of digital files, managing both works in progress and finalized branded assets
- Dynamic Digital Workflow, an easy-to-configure, rules-based system that supports both template and ad hoc workflows
- Routing & Collaboration, a tool for routing and tracking all annotations, reviews, and approvals
- Soft Proofing, based on KODAK MATCHPRINT Virtual Proofing Software for color managed remote proofing
- File Transfer Manager, to help users distribute large files between remote locations quickly, securely, and efficiently
- Project Management and Tracking, which provides automated real-time monitoring and reporting of all types of projects, to maximize resource utilization
Design2Launch is led by the brother and sister team of Alison Malloy, President and Chief Executive Officer, and Ron Malloy, Chief Strategy Officer.
“Design2Launch users can expect to receive the same high level of service and support we have always provided,” said Alison Malloy. “In addition, our customers will also have the opportunity to capitalize on important new benefits,” added Ron Malloy. “We will leverage the worldwide strength of Kodak to increase local support for global brands, and further leverage Kodak’s expertise in workflow automation, color and image management to expand the breadth of our corporate solutions.”