The Pocket Cinema Camera goes on the discount sales shelf if only for a limited time. If you want to take advantage of the deal then you better hurry this sale goes until August 31st or until they run out of supplies.
Blackmagic announces a Summer Special discount for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera. The price cut… half the original. Usually priced at $995 US the sales price is $495. That's an instant savings of $500. That is one hell of a deal. Already a very popular camera this new price will likely make it the fastest moving product from retailer's shelves. If that wasn't good enough news, Adorama has included a $150.00 gift certificate for the total price of $595. That's 50 dollars in free money if you buy the gift certificate with the camera. The sale is subject to limited availability and ends August 31st 2014. After that, the price returns to its original $995.00.
I can't say it better than he can so here is a few words from Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design “We have worked hard to set up this exciting special price to allow more people to afford a super compact digital cinema camera that they can personally own. However stock is limited at this lower price so customers who want to buy at this price will need to move fast. We are extremely proud of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera and we want to thank all the cinematographers who have send us examples of the work they have completed with this camera. We want to thank everyone for the wise and intelligent feedback they have given us and we hope this special offer is a great way to show our appreciation to the wonderful customers we have. For us, this is a dream come true!”
Why The Sale?
There can be two guesses to this question: 1. Blackmagic has a new improved Pocket Camera on the way. 2. Sales dragged a bit and they're trying to gain a renewed interest. For me, situation 1 seems more likely. In the past they have reduced the price of the Cinema Camera a little bit before the Blackmagic Production Camera started shipping. It might not be enough for a pattern, but it looks like the start of one.
If anyone needs a little more convincing here are a two videos I shot a little while back. For a $495 camera… this is pretty spectacular.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Key Features:
- High resolution 1080HD Super 16mm sized sensor with superior handling of image detail.
- Super wide 13 stops of dynamic range allows capture of increased details for feature film look.
- Compatible with extremely high quality Micro Four Thirds lenses. Compatible with other mounts via common third party adapters such as PL mount and Super 16 cine lenses.
- Built in SD card recorder allows long duration recording with easy to use media.
- Open file formats compatible with popular NLE software such as ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless CinemaDNG 12 bit RAW. No custom file formats.
- Standard connections including mini jack mic/line audio in, micro HDMI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay, headphone mini jack, LANC remote control and standard DC 12 power connection.
- Built in LCD for camera settings via easy to use menus..
- Supports 1080HD resolution capture in 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97 and 30 fps.
- Compatible with DaVinci Resolve Lite color grading software.