Digital Asset Management systems have been around for over a decade now, and before that it was your standard assortment of file folders, CDs and even floppy disks. As the DAM systems evolved many first-movers were able to take advantage of this new technology for the benefit of themselves and their organizations.
But if you don’t have a DAM system yet, are in the process of selecting a vendor or even if you have no idea what this DAM thing is and have been tasked to do some DAM research – don’t worry! Below you’ll find some great research and sources of information to help you make an informed decision.
As a digital asset management systems provider ourselves we are obviously a little bit biased, but we also realize that an enterprise DAM is not for everyone. Below are 3 top reasons, backed up with research and sources, of why people acquire a DAM system :
Reason #1: It Supports your Marketing Initiatives
Thetop priorities of the Chief Marketing Officer for 2009, according to a survey from the Verse Group and Jupiter Research, are directly impacted by the deployment of a DAM System.In fact, 3 of the 5 of the top CMO goals translate into the top 3 reasons why companies invest in DAM, according to digital asset management research by theAberdeen Group.
Top Priorities for CMOs and Senior Marketers in 2009:
- Achieving measurable ROI on marketing efforts. –Why 46% invest in DAM – to Improve Return on Marketing Investments
- Developing marketing programs that integrate online and traditional media.
- Translating brand experience across different touchpoints. –Why 46% invest in DAM – to manage brand consistency
- Cutting marketing budgets without cutting performance. –Why 66% invest in DAM – to improve operational efficiency
- Optimizing portfolio of brands.
Continues @ http://blog.widen.com
Related articles by Zemanta
- Widen’s Growth Accelerates with Signing of 11 New Clients in Q2 (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)
- Types of Digital Asset Management Systems (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)
- Widen Among Top 20 Digital Asset Management Vendors in Newly Released CMS Watch Report (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)
- The Business Value of Digital Asset Management for Marketing (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)