A new KONA IP firmware license option for JPEG 2000 now available and the other new releases confirm AJA’s commitment to advance HDR and IP pipelines for the broadcast, production, post and ProAV markets.
Available for immediate download, the Desktop Software v13 for AJA’s KONA, Io and T-TAP products, introduces new HDR features including support for Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG), enabling HDR-10 and HLG playout from Adobe Premiere Pro for AJA KONA 4, Io 4K and KONA IP. The v13 update also introduces:
- 12-Bit/BT.2020 support in Apple Final Cut Pro X for KONA 4, KONA IP and Io 4K
- 4K/UltraHD to HD down-convert for KONA 4
- 48p support for Avid Media Composer with KONA IP, KONA 4 and Io 4K
- Linux compatibility in AJA Control Room software
- 12-bit ProRes 4444 XQ playback support via free AJA Control Room software for KONA IP, KONA 4 and Io 4K
Besides the features above, there are also additional AJA Control Room software features for KONA and Io products:
- “Burn-in” option on capture or output for timecode and closed captioning
- Route audio tracks in QuickTime files to desired output/monitor channels
- 30 increase to maximum deck pre-roll time
- KONA IP firmware license for JPEG 2000
AJA also announced the availability of a new KONA IP firmware license for JPEG 2000. Compatible with TR-01, the optional KONA IP firmware license ensures interoperability with JPEG 2000 systems and devices across a network, and facilitates compression and decompression of HD video in real time to/from JPEG 2000 encoded within an MPEG 2 transport stream. It supports both an input and output of JPEG 2000 streams over 1GbE, enabling simultaneous ingest and monitoring with a system running KONA IP. The new license also provides out of the box functionality for popular creative and editorial apps via Desktop Software v13. For SDK developers with demanding JPEG 2000 workflows, dual KONA IP configurations are supported.