RovoRx-SDI is a companion receiver for RovoCam with four integrated 6G/3G-SDI outputs plus an UltraHD-capable HDMI output. The software also announced introduces a series of enhancements to control and workflow.
RovoCam is AJA’s first compact block camera for industrial, corporate, security, ProAV and broadcast applications. RovoCam is built around Sony’s 4K (Sony FCB-ER8300) camera module featuring a back illuminated CMOS sensor and Sony image processing for excellent performance. RovoCam’s marriage of lens to delivery begins with superior Sony optics, complete with built-in 12x optical zoom and up to 20x zoom with Sony Super Resolution Zoom and autofocus or manual focus capabilities; all easily controlled remotely via Sony’s VISCA protocol.
What sets RovoCam apart from other cameras in its category, is an integrated HDBaseT interface supporting uncompressed video, power, stereo audio and RS-232 control over a single Cat 5e/6 cable running at lengths of up to 100 meters. Delivering this much functionality and power with single cable connectivity dramatically simplifies installation, camera setup and footprint requirements.
When it comes to communication, there are now two companion receivers to choose from; RovoRx-HDMI offers the simplest integration with an HDMI output, stereo audio out, control and power. RovoRx-SDI offers both 6G/3G-SDI and HDMI outputs, plus Genlock and other professional features. Both units provide PoH (Power over HDBaseT) to power RovoCam from a distance. Each interfaces with RovoControl software, powerful control software for Mac and PC, offering full control of RovoCam’s numerous advanced features.
Now AJA Video Systems released RovoControl v2.0 software, which adds multicam setup and control and several workflow enhancements to the RovoCam HDBaseT compact block camera ecosystem. Key features include:
- Easier multicamera setup and control for up to eight RovoCams
- Preset control for simple recall and the ability to share presets between RovoCams including ePTZ settings
- Greater color and white balance control for users, improving the ability to match other cameras
- Improved auto and manual spot focus options, offering better focus for off center subjects
- New low-delay mode improves latency and removes image stabilization while in use
- Gamma detail and visibility enhancer settings added to UI
- Improved UART/RS-232 support on third-party RS-232 adapters
In terms of hardware, AJA introduced the RovoRx-SDI, a companion UltraHD/HD HDBaseT receiver for RovoCam, offering integrated 4x 6G/3G-SDI outputs, HDMI video and audio outputs, and genlock and frame-sync capability. Key features include:
- Four 6G/3G-SDI outputs supporting 6G/3G/1.5G with embedded audio
- DA Mode for distributing multiple 6G/3G-SDI signals from an HDBaseT source
- HDMI output supporting UltraHD and HD resolutions
- REF in/out that can be genlocked with other broadcast gear
- Integrated frame-sync ensuring stable video output
- USB port for software configuration of settings
- Power over HDBaseT (PoH), allowing RovoCam to be powered remotely from its physical location
RovoControl v2.0 software is available now as a free download for all RovoCam customers. RovoCam is available now through AJA’s worldwide reseller network for a MSRP of $2,495. RovoCam’s new companion receiver unit, the RovoRx-SDI, is available for a MSRP of $995. The existing RovoRx-HDMI companion receiver is available for a MSRP of $495. For more information about RovoCam and to learn more about RovoControl v2.0 and RovoRx-SDI, visit AJA’a website.
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!