We are always promoting and stressing the importance ofsmart and effective content management, that is, getting the desired results out of your content management (CM) organisation. To better underscore this importance, it is valuable to also look at the risks and effects of poor content management, so it’s also clear what can be avoided by getting things right. When companies realise what they are risking, it might be easier to understand why putting more effort into smart content management is so important.
We can divide the harmful effects of poor content management into four categories:
– Direct consequences – visible from outside the organisation,
– Direct consequences – only visible inside the organisation,
– Indirect consequences – external, and
– Indirect consequences – internal.
We’ll explore these categories further in the following points.
Direct consequences – visible from outside the organisation:
Continues @ http://www.crossphase.nl/site.php?mid=4&lang=en&Hoofdartikel=30
Related articles by Zemanta
- The Future of Content (slideshare.net)
- The Rise of Personal Content Management (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!Shop Now