The Tiffen Company, a leading manufacturer and distributor of award-winning accessories for the still imaging, motion picture, and broadcast markets, is pleased to announce its presence at the upcoming PDN PhotoPlus International Conference and Expo at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City from October 27 – 29, 2011 (booth 662). Labeled as the hottest industry event for photographers and image-makers, PDN’s PhotoPlus Conference is the only of its kind where attendees are presented with unlimited access to emerging technology, trends and talent while test driving new imaging tools, discovering creative solutions and expanding networks. Showcasing a wide range of products including lighting and photo editing solutions, from traditional filters, to the brand new Tiffen Dfx 3.0 digital filter suite, Tiffen’s industry professionals will be onsite to provide attendees with informative presentations on their lighting, filters and Steadicam gear, as well as an exclusive insider’s look at their innovative software, used by leading photographers, motion picture filmmakers, visual effects artists, and broadcasters worldwide. In addition, photo, film and digital mavens like Jon Fauer (Film & Digital Times), Ellen Fisch (Ellen Fisch Photography) and more will appear on stage at the Tiffen booth to help educate attendees on the advancements in the world of imaging. They will present guests with exclusive insider tips, tricks and techniques for capturing and creating that perfect image.
“The PDN PhotoPlus Conference and Expo is one of the most talked about and anticipated photo industry events of the season. The caliber of attendees, exhibitors, presenters, and technology showcased is staggering, always exceeding my expectations,” comments Steve Tiffen, President and CEO, The Tiffen Company. “Attending such groundbreaking events as PDN PhotoPlus is always a great opportunity for us to showcase our existing and new products for photographers and image-makers at the top of their game. This year, Tiffen Dfx 3.0’s brand new capabilities and already award-winning effects will be on display and in the spotlight, alongside other industry-trusted and time-tested photographic accessories and imaging tools. We are very much looking forward to the show and the many innovative tools and technologies it is sure to house.”
PDN PhotoPlus Line Up – What to See at the Tiffen Booth
PDN PhotoPlus attendees are invited to stop by the Tiffen booth (#662) for a look at their popular photographic filters, lighting accessories and tools, and the new Tiffen Dfx 3.0 digital filter suite for both moving and still images. The Tiffen team will be showcasing its new and exciting products, as well as giving away some great prizes. Tiffen products on display will include :
- Variable ND Filter: A unique, versatile and flexible tool that presents users with the convenience of using several Neutral Density filters all in one. Primarily used as a photographic tool for controlling depth of field and exposure, the Variable ND is also sought after in the video market for its fast, easy to use, lightweight nature.
- Digital HT Filters: State-of-the-art technological breakthrough in multi-coated photo and video filters. Made for the discerning professional and imaging enthusiast, Digital HT filters with Hi-Trans® Double-Sided Titanium Multi-Coating surpass even military specifications for hardness and durability.
- Traditional Tiffen Filters: Tiffen filters are manufactured using the company’s award-winning ColorCore™ technology, which enables Tiffen to control the color and density of their filters, and the characteristics of special effects filters with much greater accuracy than typical dyed-in-the-mass filters, which usually exhibit color and density variations.
- Steadicam Smoothee for the GoPro Hero®: A new addition to Tiffen’s line of Steadicam Smoothee stabilizers. Allows GoPro Hero users to capture incredible video and still images without the shakes normally associated with hand-held video shot on the go, right out of the box, the very first time.
- Lowel Rifa: Compact, lightweight, and self-contained, the Rifa eX uses a simple design approach to achieve its quick and easy setup and strike capabilities. Bathe almost anything in luxurious almost foolproof soft light. It is the perfect complement to today’s compact, light-sensitive, digital cameras and film stocks.
- Tiffen Dfx 3.0: A powerful and robust video and still image editing effects suite, Tiffen Dfx 3.0 boasts enhanced multi-processor acceleration for faster interaction and rendering of images, 10+ brand new filters for optical effects, updated host support, interface improvements, and more, taking still and moving image editing to the next level of visual brilliance. Simulating 2,000+ popular award-winning Tiffen glass filters, specialized lenses, optical lab processes, film grain, exacting color correction, plus natural light and photographic effects, the Tiffen Dfx digital filter suite is the definitive set of digital optical filters for professional photographers, top motion picture filmmakers, video editors, and visual effects artists around the world.
The 2011 PDN PhotoPlus Conference will take place from Thursday, October 27 – Saturday, October 29, 2011 at the Jacob K. Javits Center located at 655 West 34th Street in New York City. To set up a press appointment with a member of the Tiffen team, please contact Cara Zambri at [email protected]
For more information on the complete line of Tiffen products, please visit: http://www.tiffen.com.
About PDN PhotoPlus International Conference and Expo
Designed for professionals in the photographic and imaging industries, PhotoPlus Expo showcases the latest advances in photography. Held annually at the Javits Convention Center, attendees have the opportunity to explore an inspiring array of photography and imaging products and services – everything from image capture and color management to retouching and storage – all from the industry’s leading manufacturers. The show also offers over 115 photography and imaging seminars and hands-on labs taught by world-renowned experts with a focus on cutting-edge innovations in digital imaging products and techniques.
Tiffen has been a leading manufacturer and supplier of photographic filters and lens accessories for the consumer/professional imaging and the motion picture and broadcast television industries for over 70 years. The company has a rich history of innovative product design, superior optical consistency and unparalleled quality. Tiffen has been recognized for its product and engineering excellence earning two Technical Achievement Awards and a Scientific and Engineering Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences, as well as an Emmy® Award from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. Today, the company offers a wide range of products from its divisions, which include : Consumer, Motion Picture and Television, Digital, Tripods and Support Systems. Tiffen continues to enhance its reputation as a leading accessory manufacturer through aggressive growth in the image making accessory industry.
For more information on Tiffen, please visit: http://www.tiffen.com/index.html.
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!Shop Now