For nearly twenty years, the Hollywood Post Alliance(r) (HPA) Tech Retreat(r) has drawn the top creative and technical experts involved in the creation and management of content to a conference where compelling ideas and new products are explored in lively conference sessions, networking events and demonstrations. The Tech Retreat is an informal meeting of the minds, where industry leaders in engineering, technology, creativity and strategic business; that are engaged in all aspects of digital-cinema, post production, film, television, video, and related endeavors, meet in an unparalleled environment for the exchange of knowledge and information. The gathering helps to define and clarify the development of technologies driving the industry. This year's event returns to the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells in Indian Wells, California (Palm Springs area), on February 18-22, 2013.
Long recognized as the place where serious industry professionals go to connect and delve into the most current and relevant topics impacting the industry and their work, the HPA Tech Retreat presents significant opportunities for participants to stay competitive and informed of important industry issues and trends during the many networking events, presentations and technology demonstrations.
An overview of events at the HPA Tech Retreat include :
- Monday, February 18, Charles Poynton presents his highly regarded Technical Aspects of High[er] Frame Rate seminar.
- Tuesday, February 19, The HPA Super-Sized Session kicks off the HPA Tech Retreat with More, Bigger, but Better? – a look at the impact of higher resolution, higher frame rates, larger color space, higher dynamic range, more audio channels/objects, bigger screens and the push for all around pushing the envelope. Expert panelists speaking on this compelling topic are Leon Silverman, Phil Squyres, Stuart Bowling, Craig Henighan, Gilbert Lake, William Files, Jed Harmsen, Garrett Smith, and Evan Edelist, from companies including Park Road Post, Reliance Media Works, Sony Pictures Television, RealD, Dolby, and more.
- Tuesday also features the ATSC Seminar on Audio Loudness Control.
- Wednesday and Thursday will include back-to-back presentations on topics covering production and post, acquisition, IT, engineering, broadcasting, asset management, digital-cinema and distribution, manufacturing and much, much more.
- Breakfast Roundtables: Wednesday through Friday mornings put experts in a wide array of compelling issues in small group conversation about meaningful topics, including Cloud-Based Post Production, Ultra-Violet, Channel Sharing, File-Based QC, 4K Camera Workflows, the Workforce in Post and other developments and trends affecting the industry.
The HPA Tech Retreat Demo Room, completely re-imagined this year, will present over 60 leading companies and technologies in up close presentations and conversation.
Sponsors for the 2013 HPA Tech Retreat include; Foundation Sponsors: Avid, Company 3, Deluxe, Dolby, EFILM, Encore and Stereo D and Cloud Sigma, EMC(r) Isilon, Quantum, Sohonet and Technicolor. Media Sponsors include; Post Magazine, Shoot Magazine, Creative Handbook, Production Hub, and Sound & Picture.
Registration and reservations are highly recommended. The HPA Tech Retreat is a sold out event, year after year. A full schedule of the program can be viewed by visiting http://www.hpaonline.com/2013-program. Complete registration and information is available on the HPA website at http://www.hpaonline.com/2013-hpa-tech-retreat-home. For information regarding sponsorship or other opportunities call (213) 614-0860 or email [email protected].
About the HPA Tech Retreat
The HPA Tech Retreat(r) is an informal gathering, in the Palm Springs area, of the top industry engineering, technical, and creative talent, as well as strategic business leaders focused on technology, from all aspects of digital cinema, post-production, film, television, video, broadcast, and related technology areas, for the exchange of information.
About the Hollywood Post Alliance
Hollywood Post Alliance (HPA) serves the professional community of businesses and individuals who provide expertise, support, tools and the infrastructure for the creation and finishing of motion pictures, television, commercials, digital media and other dynamic media content.