The benefits of DAM Organizations deploying specializedDAM solutions typically realize the following benefits:
- Consistent messaging and brand — With built-in revision control, asset repurposing, and approval processes, DAM systems enable organizations to maintain consistent use and re-expression of digital assets, from brochures to corporate videos to web content.
- Generation of new revenue streams — Many organizations have built new business opportunities around the creation of high-value content for internal and external clients by repurposing their assets such as using book covers to promote books online. Consider a photo that costs tens of thousands of dollars to create each and every time. With DAM, it can be reused. Without DAM, its existence may not be known and the re-creation costs are incurred once again.
- Cost savings — Organizations gain a return on their investment through the elimination of redundant asset creation efforts and the ability to quickly retrieve assets.
- Digital media management and distribution — DAM systems enable the efficient organization, indexing, and distribution of digital assets. Advanced DAM systems provide a distributed architecture and multi-site asset storage, as well as the ability to provide multiple repositories for self-synchronization of both assets and their associated metadata.
- Global web-based access — Organizations can distribute digital masters and other types of licensed assets via secure web access. Advanced DAM systems also provide asset ordering and fulfillment modules, and can easily integrate with existing e-commerce and transaction servers.
Continues @ http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-323002.html
Related articles by Zemanta
- Naming Conventions for Digital Assets: How much is too much? (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)
- DAM those silos (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)
- Managing Digital Assets in Game Development (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)
- Why do I need reports from a DAM? (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)
- Before DAM There Was …”utter chaos” (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)