Following the unveiling of COLORWAY in July, The Foundry has now launched the COLORWAY kit for MAXON Cinema 4D. COLORWAY accelerates the creative design process, giving users access to a simple environment where they can develop looks and lighting for 3D objects and scenes, then share a selection of iterations with clients, all in real-time, without the need to re-render.
The COLORWAY kit for Cinema 4D lets users import and export their COLORWAY files into the main app. Once installed, users can create COLORWAY .DCI files from their Cinema 4D projects. Artists and designers can make their material and lighting adjustments using COLORWAY and then send the project back to Cinema 4D for final render. The COLORWAY kit is compatible with Cinema 4D R15 or later.
Matt Brealey, COLORWAY Product Manager at The Foundry comments: “We are really excited to bring this COLORWAY integration to Cinema 4D. Expanding the COLORWAY ecosystem so that Cinema 4D users can access our new software is a really important step for us. We want people to be able to create their assets in their favorite 3D app and experiment with this cool new technology.”
“The new COLORWAY Kit for Cinema 4D is an especially exciting option for our design customers. It gives them access to flexible material and lighting tools to improve workflow efficiency and enhance the creative process,” said Harald Egel, co-founder and CEO, MAXON Computer GmbH.
Tomasz Opasinski, Creative Director/Owner of ImageMassive – a Los Angeles-based entertainment advertising boutique – has been beta testing the COLORWAY kit for C4D and comments:
“Cinema 4D is our 3D software package of choice and an integral design tool in all our campaigns. Access to COLORWAY is easy and exporting from C4D as simple as opening a PDF file. The ability to effortlessly make “look” and lighting revisions will be a valuable, time-saving tool when working on title and logo treatments for movie posters.”
COLORWAY working with Cinema 4D will be demonstrated at IBC 2014 in Hall 7, stand #H39.
How does COLORWAY work?
- Using the COLORWAY kit for MODO or Cinema 4D, users can export a .DCI file into the main COLORWAY app.
- Once in COLORWAY they have creative freedom to quickly experiment with their looks and finalise a selection of configurable scenes.
- They can then send those files over to a client or colleague working in the COLORWAY Presenter app.
- The COLORWAY Presenter user can tweak to find their favourite variation of the image, before sending their chosen looks back to COLORWAY.
- Material and lighting changes stored in the approved COLORWAY Presenter file can then be sent back to the source 3D application.
- Iterative workflow – Make almost limitless changes to a 3D scene's colors, textures, decals and even lighting set-ups.
- Realtime, GPU powered updates – Make non-destructive changes instantly to renderings. Changes are stored independently of the source image.
- Communicate more clearly – Save multiple image variations and ‘looks’, enabling clear downstream communication and design review.
- Empower the reviewer– critique variations with the free COLORWAY Presenter app and send desired looks back to the 3D artist.
- Finalize the image – Iterate on subtle image details without the need to re-render.
Pricing and availability
Interested in trying COLORWAY? Access a free unrestricted trial today. COLORWAY Presenter and the COLORWAY kits for Cinema 4D and MODO are also available now for free.
The COLORWAY family of products is available on both Windows and Mac OSX, with an iOS version of COLORWAY Presenter coming soon.
For further information visit www.thefoundry.co.uk/products/colorway
About MAXON Computer
Headquartered in Germany, MAXON Computer is a developer of industry-leading professional 3D modeling, painting, animation and rendering solutions. Its award-winning Cinema 4D and BodyPaint 3D software products have been used extensively to help create everything from stunning visual effects in top feature films, TV shows and commercials to cutting-edge game cinematics for AAA games, medical illustration, and architectural and industrial design applications. MAXON has offices in Germany, USA, United Kingdom, France, Japan and Singapore. MAXON products are available directly from MAXON and its worldwide distribution and reseller channel.
About The Foundry
The Foundry develops award-winning creative software used globally by leading artists, designers and creative professionals. The portfolio lets users create inspiring and technical high-end visuals across a wide range of industries including product and concept design, marketing & advertising, media & entertainment and game development.
In the design world clients include major manufacturers such as Adidas, Honda, Toyota and Trek. In VFX, clients include film studios and post-production houses such as Pixar, ILM, Double Negative, The Moving Picture Company, Walt Disney Animation, Weta Digital, Framestore and Sony Pictures Imageworks.
In 2013, The Foundry’s CEO Bill Collis was recognized as the UK Technology winner for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award, and the company made the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 for the fourth consecutive year.
To find out more visit: www.thefoundry.co.uk/about-us/