Handling complex 3D files in a standard DAM and workflow environment faces huge problems.
- 3D-files are mostly very bulky files: up to gigabytes
- To view these files, every polygon needs to be rendered.
- Simple 3D files contain thousands of polygons, complex files contain hundreds of millions of polygons
- If rendering on client, whole file needs to be on the client, and the client needs a rendering software
- Client computers need to be very powerful to cope with this (CPU/GPU)
- In order to define the right file, it needs to be viewed from different angles and zoom factors
- Users have to download huge files only to see that it was the wrong one!
ADAM handles large 3D images with complex ray-tracing and reflections through a standard webbrowser and internet connection. The provider model offers complete DAM and workflow combined with the Mental Image streaming server technology. ADAM is open to any other provider, 3D filetype or technology.
More Information @ http://www.adamsoftware.net/studios/3D_Studio.asp