Ruckus Media Group, an independent family digital entertainment company, today launched the new universal Ruckus application for iOS devices, including the iPad, iPhone and iTouch. Designed for families with children ages 2-10, the new Ruckus app features a collection of nearly 100 iReaders, ReadAlongs and videos from the company’s award-winning, bestselling storybook and video libraries in one easy-to-shop storefront.
“Mobile devices have created an enticing world of entertainment and convenience, but at the same time it has created new challenges for parents. It’s our mission to help parents navigate this complex landscape while continuing to engage children with high quality content they want to read, play and watch again and again,” said Rick Richter, CEO, Ruckus Media Group. “Since the launch of our interactive platform earlier this year, we have accrued more than 14 million user sessions. And with the new Ruckus app, we’re able to build this relationship with current customers as well as new ones by providing a one-stop storefront to simplify and enhance the entire Ruckus experience for parents and kids.”
The new Ruckus app, which offers one free title each month, allows families to enjoy Ruckus Media Group content whether at home, in the car, or on a plane without relying on a WIFI connection. All content can be downloaded in full so it lives on their mobile device. Ruckus features:
- a vast collection of iReaders (interactive digital storybooks), ReadAlongs (children’s narrated e-books), and videos all in one safe and interactive learning environment.
- original interactive stories from well-loved brands and characters such as Crayola, My Little Pony, Transformers, Dino Dan, The Wiggles, and SeaWorld.
- top children’s books in narrated e-book format for endless and anywhere story time, including Curious George, The Polar Express, Toot & Puddle by Holly Hobbie, and a collection of bestsellers by Todd Parr.
- new and exclusive stories from Butch Hartman, the creator of the hit animated Nickelodeon shows The Fairly OddParents, Danny Phantom, and T.U.F.F. PUPPY.
- a collection of videos from popular children’s television shows including The Cat In the Hat Knows A Lot About That!, Sid the Science Kid, Richard Scarry’s Busytown Mysteries, short films from VeggieTales, never-before-available videos from The Wiggles, as well as music videos from Laurie Berkner (the “Pied Piper of the preschool set” (Parenting), plus Disney Channel’s Imagination Movers and more.
- a weekly report for parents/caregivers that assesses usage patterns so parents know how much time their children are spending with the Ruckus content.
The new Ruckus app is available now and can be downloaded for free from the iTunes App Store. New titles and activities will be added each month.
ABOUT RUCKUS MEDIA GROUP
Ruckus Media Group creates interactive applications for mobile devices designed to entertain and educate children. Launched in September 2010, Ruckus delights children with interactive storybooks from the most popular names in entertainment (Hasbro, Crayola, Dino Dan, SeaWorld) as well as best-selling classics (Curious George, The Polar Express) and celebrated authors (David A. Carter, Holly Hobbie, and more). Parents are provided with feedback on their child’s experiences within the applications, including time spent with each book, and reading tips from educators and parents. Since the company’s launch, Ruckus has been recognized with more than 30 parenting and app awards, including a Mom’s Choice Gold Award for the #1 iTunes bestselling “My Little Pony: Twilight Sparkle, Teacher for a Day,” based on the ever-popular Hasbro toy characters.