Here a short description what you can expect from this release:
Razuna Desktop 1.1
We can see that a lot of people download this application, as it provides the easiest way to upload your assets to the Razuna Server. So, it was no question for us, to extend the functionality of Razuna Desktop even more.
The new release brings among other stuff the possibility to upload to any folder. You are no longer bound to upload only to the “UploadBin”. Simply choose the folder on the left side and upload to it. Moreover, Collections are an important part of Razuna, now those Collections are also available within Razuna Desktop.Another very useful option is that your assets can now be accessed right from Razuna Desktop.
And did we mention that you have your whole folder structure available within Razuna Desktop and you can browse your assets with it?
Razuna keeps on going forward strong and the recent download numbers show us that a lot of people have been waiting for a powerful and dynamic open source tool to manage their multimedia assets. Naturally we think Razuna is the best way to do that. To keep up with the strong demand we are happy to have included many of the requested features. These are too many to list, but here is a short list of the main ones:
* MS SQL support. Tested with MS SQL 2005 and 2008.
* Languages can now be en-/disabled.
* Option to define your own extensions.
* You are now able to download any asset directly.
* You can upload your custom logo within the DAM administration.
* Fully compatible with Internet Explorer 8.
* Option to add assets to a collection from the list and search page.
* Users are now able to create subfolders (previously only administrators could do that).
* Many improvements to the Developer API, among those an API for Collections.
There are many more fixes and enhancements under the hood and we think it makes up a pretty impressive new Razuna release.