OpenEdit DAM is an open source Digital Asset Management software used within an enterprise to share documents, photos and web site files online. OpenEdit DAM is built with the OpenEdit Framework (OEF) which is the result of years of testing and agile development.
OEF delivers these key advantages:
- SEO friendly. HTML based web sites. No complex PHP or ASP style syntax in your HTML.
- Fast setup. No external dependencies. No database to setup. Just unzip and run.
- Design focused. Flexible template engine that uses your custom CSS / HTML. Layout within layout reusability. Clean separation of look and feel from content. No display limitations.
- Stable. Built-in plugin installer allows live upgrades and installations of plugins. Make configuration changes without restarting the server.
- Full featured. Enterprise grade plugins such as eCommerce, Digital Asset Management, Blogs, Events Calendar, Site Search and more.
- Low maintenance. Never again copy, paste, and maintain similar HTML code. Use OEF’s multiple fallback to extend any part of the OpenEdit Framework or extend any plugin without losing the ability to upgrade.
- Reusable. Use OEF’s fallback to create multiple unique instances of a single plugin within a single OEF site.
- Speed. Screaming fast performance and low memory usage.
- Accessible. Edit files quickly without recompiling or caching problems. Browser based editing tools. No desktop application required.
- Interoperability. Use as much or as little OEF as you like. XML based for easy integration with your existing infrastructure.
- Collaborative environment. Permission based architecture for multiuser collaboration