San Antonio, TX — June 30, 2008 — NewTek Inc., manufacturer of industry-leading video and 3D animation products, today announced it has begun shipping TimeWarp™, an external replay controller for the NewTek family of TriCaster™ products and VT™. TimeWarp is a desktop controller that provides clip selection, marking and playback at selectable speeds, with complete external control of two digital disk recorders (DDRs).
“TimeWarp’s instant replay and slow motion is a great benefit for TriCaster and VT production,” said Andrew Cross, NewTek’s Executive VP, Software Engineering. “Users will quickly be able to increase the quality and professionalism of their live production environment without the large, costly learning curves typically associated with new products.”
TimeWarp replay controller extends live production capabilities by providing a dedicated operator for video playback, and even allows for the flexibility of instant replay without requiring an additional replay box.
TimeWarp, which requires Software Update 2.0, enables producers to:
* Improve production quality by adding a dedicated replay operator
* Record a selected TriCaster or VT input with instant access to that footage
* Surpass audience expectations with instant replay & slow motion at any venue
* Provide clients with productions that look more professional
* Mark in, Mark out, cue and play back clips without distracting the director
Pricing and Availability
TimeWarp is available internationally for $995US. For more information, please visit www.NewTek.com or call NewTek Sales at 1-800-368-5441, international callers dial +1-210-370-8000.