LAS VEGAS – NAB Show – April 11, 2011 – NewTek, worldwide leader in portable live production and 3D animation systems, today announced the launch of NewTek 3Play™ 820, a 10-channel (eight-in, two-out), slow motion system that supports the simultaneous display, recording, and instant replay of up to eight video streams, each with up to quad channel audio. Utilizing proprietary NewTek IsoCorder™ technology, the eight-input, two-out 3Play 820 offers a revolutionary price-performance value, which retails at a fraction of the price of current four-input, two-out devices on the market.
“At NewTek, we design professional, industry-leading equipment at prices that are affordable for producers at all levels,” said NewTek Chief Technology Officer, Andrew Cross. “With 3Play 820, we tackled a major challenge and delivered a 10-channel, instant replay slow motion system with all of the capabilities expected in a high-end professional unit that would rent for almost as much as what a 3Play 820 costs.”
Benefits and features of NewTek 3Play 820 include :
· 10-channel slow motion instant replay server supports simultaneous, continuous recording from up to eight sources, with two fully independent playout channels
· World-class, interpolated slow motion delivers smooth playback, and ensures still frames are free of ghosting or blurring
· Full support for a vast range of video and film formats
· A second display may be used as an ISO monitor bridge including Heads Up Display (HUD)
· Easy import and export of a wide variety of popular media file types
· Multiple playlists, including transitions, sound tracks and more
· Linear timecode (LTC) support for synchronized capture of live action and e
fficient post production
· Capture content from live video inputs to the destination drives of choice with support for writing a single channel to two simultaneous drives for fail safety when required
· Compact 4U rack mount design includes always on-air, multi-tiered fail-safe systems and redundant hardware
· Premium hardware control surface
Pricing and Availability
3Play 820 will be available in Q3 2011 and will retail in North America for US$39,995. The price may vary internationally. NewTek will offer a NO RISK UPGRADE, allowing those who purchase 3Play now, to get full purchase credit for the 3Play 820. Educational pricing is also available. For more information, please visit www.newtek.com, or call NewTek Sales at 800-368-5441. International callers dial +1-210-370-8000.
About NewTek at National Association of Broadcasters Show 2011
NewTek will demonstrate its latest products, including 3Play 820, TriCaster 850 EXTREME with IsoCorder technology, TriCaster 850, TriCaster 850 CS, TriCaster Virtual Set Editor and LightWave™ 10.1 at booth #SL4514. In addition, NewTek will give away over $100,000 in prizes during the TriCaster-A-Day Giveaway, NewTek will present the second annual “Broadcast Minds” free event on Tuesday,
April 12 at the Renaissance Hotel beginning at 6 p.m. PT. Panelists include Adam Carolla, Leo Laporte, Steve Hellmuth, and Mark Fratto. The event will be moderated by Eric Schumacher-Rasmussen, editor, Streaming Media Magazine. Space is limited and guests are encouraged to sign up at www.newtek.com/nab.