At NAB 2019, AJA Video Systems announced Desktop Software v15.2, a free update packed with solid new features and performance enhancements for AJA KONA, Io and T-TAP products. Desktop Software v15.2 enhances creative freedom and flexibility with support for Apple ProRes family capture/playback across Windows, Linux and macOS in AJA Control Room, at up to 8K resolutions. It also adds new IP SMPTE ST 2110 workflows using AJA Io IP, and updates for KONA IP including ST 2110-40 ANC support.
Desktop Software v15.2 feature highlights include:
- Apple ProRes encoding and decoding up to ProRes 4444 XQ across Windows, Linux and macOS with free AJA Control Room software. Supports up to 8K resolutions.
- Up to 8K capture/playback with AJA KONA 5 in AJA Control Room and in the AJA SDK.
- SMPTE ST 2110 support for Io IP, AJA’s portable Thunderbolt™ 3 audio and video I/O device – bridging 10 GigE to Adobe® Premiere® Pro, Apple® Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer®, FilmLight products and more.
- A new AJA NMOS application supporting NMOS Rx/Tx.
- SMPTE ST 2110-40 ANC Rx and Tx support with KONA IP and Io IP
Pricing and Availability
Desktop Software v15.2 will be available in May as a free download from AJA’s support page.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions, and professional cameras, bringing high-quality, cost-effective products to the professional broadcast, video and post-production markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website at www.aja.com.