Matrox® Video Products Group today announced Matrox Convert DVI, an SD/HD SDI scan converter with high-end features priced at just $995 US. Matrox Convert DVI lets users convert high-resolution DVI sources into HD or SD video for broadcast, display, and recording. It outputs the entire computer screen or lets the user focus on details in a region of interest of any size within the larger resolution. Premium features such as genlock with timing offset controls, an advanced downscaling algorithm, a flicker reduction filter, and one-to-one pixel mapping ensure optimal quality and flexibility.
“Matrox Convert DVI is a multi-purpose device,” said Chris Yigit, Matrox technical marketing manager. “It’s ideal for creating broadcast video from computer applications such as video games, PowerPoint presentations, YouTube videos, Google Earth animations, and web browser sessions. It’s a user-friendly way to create software application training videos. It’s the perfect appliance to drive projectors and large displays at live events and in houses of worship. And it’s a very low-cost HD preview monitoring solution for video editors using applications such as Avid Media Composer.”
· DVI input up to 1920 x 1200
· Digital outputs: HD/SD SDI
· Stereo audio input can be embedded into the SDI output signal
· Analog outputs: HD/SD analog component, S-Video, and composite
· Simultaneous analog and digital output
· SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level genlock with timing offset controls
· Realtime HD to SD hardware downscaling with proper color space and aspect ratio conversion
· Region of interest output support
· Anti-flicker filter
· Can operate as a stand-alone appliance
Price and availability
Matrox Convert DVI, priced at $995 US (?649, €799) not including local taxes, will be available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers in November 2009.