Marketing automation is simply a “software as a solution” (SaaS) system that allows you to target audiences throughout various stages of the buying cycle with relevant messaging and content that further influences a lead to become a sale.
A fairly new technology, these systems are not just being utilized by fortune 500 companies, but can be used effectively by smaller and mid-size companies as well. There is a pre-conceived notion that marketing automation is overly expensive, but that is not the case. There are many systems that are quite moderate in pricing, yet still perform well.
Marketing automation provides the solution to many companies’ objectives:
- Improves the quality of leads that are passed on to sales
- Optimizes conversion or profitability from various sources of leads
- Measures marketing performance more effectively
The main benefit for replacing manual lead generating processes with marketing automation is that it allows companies to reach out to potential customers in a timely, more efficient, manner.
Here’s a simple look at how marketing automation works:
Related articles by Zemanta
- Why is Marketing Still So Manual? (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)
- Marketing Automation Needs a Relationship (thecustomercollective.com)
- Lessons Learned: A Reflection on Marketing Automation (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)