Mamiya Leaf have today announced the Leaf Credo range of digital camera back designed to work with the 645DF. There are 80MP, 60MP and 40MP variations of the new CCD back. The Credo backs feature 1.15 million dot touch-screens.
TEL AVIV, April 23, 2012- Mamiya Leaf, a leading provider of medium format camera equipment, today introduced a newly designed medium format digital camera back platform — the Leaf Credo. Available in three different models, the Leaf Credo 80, Credo 60, and Credo 40 digital camera backs feature high-quality resolutions of 80, 60 and 40 megapixels respectively.
Key platform features include :
- A large, high resolution (1.15 megapixel), multi-touch screen with excellent rendition of 16 million colors for quick and easy verification of focus and tonal accuracy;
- Fast, new dual-core microprocessor enables powerful performance for the fastest available image viewing, focusing and editing;
- A new, intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) offers easy navigation and extends the touch screen beyond the LCD area — letting you navigate and click outside the image area;
- New FireWire 800 and USB3 implementation delivers fastest image transfer speeds.
Planned from the ground-up for comfortable, effective shooting both indoors and out, Leaf Credo delivers high-resolution Live View functionality for precise focusing when shooting un-tethered. It also offers a wide viewing angle and a built-in bi-directional spirit level.
The flagship of the Leaf Credo platform is a full-frame 80 MP CCD sensor with a dynamic range of 12.5 f-stops. New to Mamiya Leaf is a full frame 60 MP CCD sensor with 3:4 aspect ratio providing unmatched detail, richness of color, low noise and beautiful tonality. Also available is the 40 MP CCD sensor which offers the fastest capture speed in the Leaf Credo platform at 1.2 frames per second.
Leaf Credo digital backs work seamlessly with the Mamiya 645DF camera – which offers shutter speeds up to 1/4000 of a second and sync speeds of up to 1/1600 of a second with Schneider-Kreuznach designed Leaf shutter lenses.
The Mamiya Leaf open platform philosophy enables compatibility with other medium format camera bodies, such as the Hasselblad V and H and Contax (see www.mamiyaleaf.com for full compatibility list).
Leaf Credo digital backs are optimized for shooting with Capture One software, which comprises a comprehensive workflow to capture, organize, edit, share and print images.
“Leaf Credo delivers the best price/performance ratio in the large sensor digital back market,” said Ziv Argov, marketing director, Mamiya Leaf. “Its impressive combination of high resolution image quality, ease of use, and the latest multi-touch screen LCD technologies makes the Leaf Credo digital back platform appealing for all photographers regardless of their styles.”
Pricing for the Leaf Credo 40 starts at € 14,995/$19,495. The Leaf Credo 60 is listed at €24,995/$32,495 and the Leaf Credo 80 for € 29,995/$38,995. Shipping is planned for June, 2012.
Like what you read?
- Follow Dan on Twitter: @DanCarrPhoto
- Read more of Dan's writing: ShutterMuse.com
- Get a FREE photography eBook written by Dan
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!Shop Now