In this lesson, Kevin P McAuliffe gives you an overview of the hot new features inside of the newest update to Avid Media Composer, version 8.7.
This one update for Media Composer is one that every Media Composer editor has been waiting for, well, their entire editing career! Not only does this feature update include welcome features like Frame Flex rotation toggles (90 deg clockwise and counterclockwise), but a fix has come to an issue that has plagued MC editors for years (20 years for me), and that is the ability to match frame titles and matte keys. Now with the click of a mouse, you can find those titles and mattes to quickly and easily edit them into another timeline! These, plus many other features updates, makes this version of Media Composer an exciting one!
The complete breakdown of new features are:
– List Tool Changes (NEW – EDL line endings are now CRLF for better support for Resolve.)
– Audio Dupe Detection Extended Audio Punch In
– Sony XAVC LongG
– New Safe Area and Safe title options
– Rotation Presets in FrameFlex
– Renamed the “Arib B67” colorspace option to “Hybrid Log Gamma”
– Controlling which track is shown in Split View
– Timecode Burn-in Effect Local Frame Count
– Audio Default Pan
– Clip Information
– Bin Enhancements
– Title Match frame