- Speak with one voice throughout the organization
- Deliver brand consistency
- Speed products to market
- Provide secure access to brand assets
Most news stories focus on new ways that digital media enable organizations to attract customers, strengthen brands, market products, and train employees. Stories feature animations, webcasts, interactive Web graphics, advertising photos, product images, videos, logo graphics, PowerPoint presentations, electronic brochures, podcasts, and the like. Even high-quality print media and packaging are created from digital assets.
Less glamorous but equally vital for businesses are the digital assets that propel growth behind the scenes: schematics, engineering drawings, CAD files, blueprints, maps, diagrams, industrial plans, charts. The business uses of all these types of digital media, and more, are growing swiftly.
This digital media explosion has produced huge rewards, and has also introduced new problems:
- The costly and time-consuming need to create and store many variations of each element for different software programs, different media, and different uses.
- Runaway brands caused by inadvertent changes to digital assets for localization or special needs.
- Errors introduced when people work from an out-of-date copy instead of the updated, accurate master asset.
- Difficulties of getting geographically dispersed teams and agencies to produce uniform results.
- With thousands of digital assets, some with hundreds of variations apiece, the despairing plea: “How can I find the one I need?”
Interwoven MediaBin provides a central point where geographically dispersed teams inside and outside your enterprise can share and transform rich media and digital assets.
MediaBin makes certain that everyone uses the latest version of every asset, that the correct source files are instantly findable (using MediaBin’s patented “self-finding” capability), and that variations for other media can be generated speedily by any nontechnical person.
MediaBin ensures consistency and accuracy by ensuring that all digital media are created from the most up-to-date master asset. It enables geographically dispersed employees, agencies, and partners to work together to create consistent results. It speeds and simplifies the production of variations for different media, different software programs, and special purposes. It dramatically accelerates finding the exact digital asset that you need, saving money, time, and frustration for all employees and agencies who work with digital media.
Whether you need printed brochures, product packaging, new CAD drawings for globally dispersed engineers, or cross-media advertisements for print, Web, and mobile phones, MediaBin will save time and money while it increases consistency, improves quality, makes sure that everyone stays up to date, and enables teams to work together.
Interwoven MediaBin is the only commercial digital asset management system designed to work with “original” master assets, and to dynamically generate variations or derivatives and deliver them on request, using a patented high-volume media processing engine to render the on-demand transformations quickly.
(Imitating products have added simple “bolt-on” transformation capabilities, but none can provide the variety, complexity, and high quality of transformations made fast and easy by MediaBin.)