The new HERO+ LCD camera, like the entry-level HERO, is built directly into its waterproof housing, suggesting it is a camera ready for action, everywhere you go. Able to capture life-like high definition 1080p60 video and 8MP photos, the HERO+ LCD intends to win a position in the market through the simplicity of this all-in-one design: camera with LCD.
Although action cams are not, probably, the type of system anyone will be faithful to as, for example, a DSLR for which a lot of glass was bought, keeping clients buying into a system is the dream of every company, GoPro included. That’s where the HERO+LCD fits in: it’s a system open to newcomers, trying to make it easier, through the inclusion of expanded features, like a touch-screen, to make capturing life’s memorable moments easier than ever.
Rugged and waterproof to 131’ (40m), as a camera of this type needs to be, the HERO+ LCD also includes advanced features like HiLight Tagging and in-camera video trimming to make it easier to identify and share your favorite moments. HiLight Tagging lets you mark key moments while recording and during playback so you can easily find them later, and the all-new video trimming feature allows you to create short clips in-camera for easier sharing without a computer.
Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connect the HERO+ LCD to your GoPro App-enabled smartphone or tablet for easy camera control and shot preview when your camera is mounted or out of reach. The GoPro App also allows for easy content sharing to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and more and combines with the new in-camera video trimming feature to form a convenient content sharing solution.
“HERO+ LCD illustrates that even as we push the limits of life capture with bleeding-edge devices like the HERO4 Black, we’re also focused on delivering accessible, high-quality capture solutions to anyone wanting to GoPro,” said Nick Woodman, founder and CEO of GoPro.
Whether you are a first-time user or a GoPro veteran, the HERO+ LCD is a capture solution that may serve your needs. It combines GoPro’s famed image quality, versatility and durability with WiFi connectivity, long battery life and touch display convenience in an all-in-one design.
HERO+ LCD Essential Specs:
- Professional-quality 1080p60 video and 8MP photo capture
- Touch display for convenient camera control, shot framing, and in-camera playback
- Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth enables connectivity to the GoPro App and Smart Remote
- HiLight Tagging lets you mark key moments while recording or during playback for quick editing
- In-camera video trimming allows you to create short clips for easy content sharing without a computer
- Power on and record automatically with the press of a single button with QuikCapture setting
- Long-lasting battery delivers approximately two hours of recording time
- Integrated housing design for simplicity and ease of use
- Supports microSD cards (at least Class 10 or UHS-I) up to 64GB
The HERO+ LCD will be available for purchase in the U.S. at authorized GoPro retailers and GoPro.com beginning June 7, 2015, with a suggested price of $299.99. International availability will begin July 12.