Free hands-on training on DaVinci Resolve at NAB Show 2017 is one of the surprises from Blackmagic Design for the event. Space is limited to the first 50 attendees for this hands-on session.
Blackmagic’s course on DaVinci Resolve focuses on the key concepts and core skills from its official curriculum. Steve Hullfish will be the instructor for the NAB free training.
DaVinci Resolve is the world’s most popular solution for high end color correction in feature films, episodic television and commercials. With the addition of a powerful set of next generation editing features users have now the benefit of an end-to-end workflow in one app!
The course launched at NAB Show 2017 focuses on the key concepts and core skills from our official curriculum. All participants will receive a copy of the book so they can complete the exercises on their own! Space is limited to the first 50 attendees for this hands-on session.
- How to setup projects, import media and use metadata to speed up your work.
- Marking selections, editing clips in the timeline, and context sensitive trimming.
- Working with titles, adding graphics, adding effects, and animating with keyframes.
- Syncing audio with video, mixing sound, and using audio overlays for editing.
- Basic color correction techniques using DaVinci Resolve’s legendary color tools.
- How to finish and deliver a project to the web, for broadcast or for digital cinema.
- Tips, shortcuts and other bits that will transform how you work!
The workshop will run from 9:30am – 1:00pm, and will be repeated from 2:00pm – 5:30pm. If you’re interested, visit the Post|Production World Courtesy Desk during the conference hours of 8:30am-6:00pm to sign-up for either the morning or afternoon session.
The free training is the tip of the iceberg. It represents the initial phases to something bigger: the launch of a World Wide Training & Certification Program for Blackmagic Design. The initial phase is focused on DaVinci Resolve Editing, and it will allow the company to create a pool of BMD Certified Trainers that will be responsible for teaching the program to the end-users.
BlackMagic Design wants to grow the program to include advanced courses for Editing, Color, Fusion, IRSA mini, BMD End-to-End workflow, etc. To reach its goal of offering its clients the chance to become experts, BlackMagic Design will partner with training and education facilities and certify trainers who will then deliver the curriculum to the end user!